Less than 10K Windows vs Android for parents

guptaji

Adept
I'm looking for a phone for my mum, primarily for whatsapp and frequent video calls (skype) with us in addition to regular calling and messaging.
My concern with non-stock Android phones is that they slow down/hang after sometime (or so i hear from a lot of users). Windows OS phones on the other hand have fewer such problems and people have suggested that the OS is easier to pick up compared to Android.
I have been thinking about the following options:
RedMi 2 Prime - 7k or so
Moto E 2nd Gen 4G/Moto g 2nd gen - 7-9k
MS Lumia 535/640 - 7-9k

Would greatly appreciate your inputs on this as I'm not too familiar with either android or Windows OS.

Thanks

Guys,
I still have not been able to freeze my purchase; I have not been able to try out a lumia device at any retail store cos they dont stock demo devices. Also, I'm hearing that maps support in Lumia and UBER and OLA app experience is pretty bad! These 2 things are very importnant for me as i want my mom to use UBER/OLA seamlessly for moving around the city. Any specific inputs on these 2 points would be great.
In light of the above two points I'm leaning towards Moto E 4G or Moto G 2nd gen if i find a good deal. Should I be looking at Micromax/Yu phones as well (I hear great things about the Yu Yureka Plus)? How is the warranty support for Moto/Micromax?

Guys,
I still have not been able to freeze my purchase; I have not been able to try out a lumia device at any retail store cos they dont stock demo devices. Also, I'm hearing that maps support in Lumia and UBER and OLA app experience is pretty bad! These 2 things are very importnant for me as i want my mom to use UBER/OLA seamlessly for moving around the city. Any specific inputs on these 2 points would be great.
In light of the above two points I'm leaning towards Moto E 4G or Moto G 2nd gen if i find a good deal. Should I be looking at Micromax/Yu phones as well (I hear great things about the Yu Yureka Plus)? How is the warranty support for Moto/Micromax?
Nope, never faced any issues .. keep in mind mine is el cheapo Lumia 520 with ony 512 MB ram. The newer phones with higher RAM and better processor will certainly not face any issue.
The native maps application is better in the sense you can download the entire country's maps on your phone at once. It may look bland compared to google maps but that's because it doesn't download every piece of information available using the esteemed 3G connections of our country. The places of interest database (when you search) in not lacking much compared to the google maps. Oh and there are apps which overlay the native map with google maps, so you get the best of both worlds!

So who spreads all these rumors?

guys, i have purchased the Moto E 4G for now; got it on amazon for ~5.5k. I was unfortunately not able to experience the windows phone anywhere and i figured cant really go wrong at that price. will ;post first impressions when i get it. cheers

Back