Windows Tablet, can run Tally

a_t_u_l

Disciple
Hi
I m looking for a Tablet which can run Tally. The 8.1 Rt tabs have access to only windows app store and cant run other pc apps or join domain. How can I be sure that the tab I m buying can run pc apps and best place online to check / compare.

Any tablet running Windows 8 with a Intel processor can do that. I would suggest to instead get a lightweight laptop like the ASUS X200LA instead, and you can work with Tally as well as do more. Just upgrade the HDD to an SSD and the 4GB to 8GB for more speed.

I m not sure about Tally being non touch based or not. The very purpose would be to view Tally Data and I guess that would be possible . Any touchscreen users on the forum would help on this.

I would suggest that you try it and let us know. From where I stand, it is close to impossible to do so. The only exception would be if they released a new version for touch support.

Just try tally on any windows 8 laptop/PC.
The new windows tablets have full windows 8 and they should work fine.
If you need a keyboard, buy a BT keyboard.

Tally should work, but as doubted will the touch control be accepted by Tally. Accordingly to my understanding any app under windows should accept touch as a mouse click, incase its programmed otherwise to accept touch inputs. But the risk is big to buy and test it. It would be better if anyone could try and advice. If yes, would need a budgetted windows tab capable of running pc apps.

The key point to note here is "touch enabled" vs "touch optimized".

All GUI apps that can be operated with a mouse are touch enabled on any Windows 7 or Window 8.x tablet by virtue of the OS as it automatically takes care of translating the touch events to mouse events. However such conventional/legacy apps will not be touch optimized and you may run across situations there an UI element is not accessible because its too small to touch or its linked to a move over event e.t.c.

Tally works fine on Win 8 or 8.1. Touch will not be optimized and use a physical keyboard as tally works best with keyboard, thanks to its rich set of shortcuts

I think that the OP is getting confused. We have Tally running here in our office and there is almost no way you can work on it just with a mouse. So, you need a keyboard.

Back