Windows 7 Queries

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
hi!

i recently got hold of a windows 7 rc build 7600 disc.

1.how close would it be in terms of features/performance to the final retail version?

2.with my current config-see signature below-can i run the ultimate 64 bit version?

3.i have been unable to find the drivers for my motherboard chipset--nvidia nforce4 ultra AMD from nvidia's site--would that cause any problems?

4.also would it make any sense buying 2gb(2x1) sticks of ddr 1 400mhz transcend ram on my amd socket 939 system--is 4gb of ram necessary for windows 7 ultimate 64 bit??

i plan to test the os thoroughly b4 getting it from US in a month b4 i start my new build(i7-1366).

stability and bug-fixed ... that's why final version released ... performance diff is negligible i guess

no prob with drivers ... leave to WU

First of all Windows 7 RC is 7100 build, not 7600

1.No real changed in UI besides default wallpaper, As for performance, i didnt notice any difference maybe cos i upgrade installed from rc version. Although it fixed couple of bugs i had before with start menu

2.Ur comp is good enough to run ultimate. my friend has installed ultimate on his lappy with 1gb of ram and 2ghz turion cpu. it runs pretty smooth

3.Use nvidia vista drivers. Almost all vista drivers works with win7

4.No point in buying ddr ram now since ur gonna upgrade to i7 later, And u dont necessarily have to have 4gb ram for 64bit although it would improve the performance a bit. but not enough to justify buying outdated overpriced ddr1 ram

Back