Windows 7 Logging in to Black Screen !

Hi,

I have replied to your PM and copying the same for the benefit of others who may come looking for an answer.

But however i did gain access to the system via lot of work ! Can you please tell me what exactly is the problem you are facing ? are you able to bring command prompt at the black screen (Crtl+Alt+Del) ? else you have to boot the repair disc and open registry editor and change the values that I have mentioned in that thread.

If nothing works then what you do is,take the HDD and plug it into any Win8 system and change the permissions of the HDD to the current user and leave it at that.Plug HDD back to the original machine and you should be able to boot normally,however some functions may not work due to permissions change,this is to copy all the necessary data and or to try any new stuff.

Regards.

Did you install any new application before your last shutdown??
Cause once i was stuck in similar problem..Later on found that the new application was causing that issue...so removed it from safe mode and PC started working normally.

A friend of mine at work suffered exactly the same issue with a Vista machine. I spent a week trawling the net reading about it. Tried all the suggestions. None worked. As SoundsGreat stated above, this is down to permissions. I booted the PC using Hirens Boot Disc. Loaded Mini XP, opened the C: drive, selected all contents (Ctrl A), right-clicked on any of the selected files or folders and selected Reset NTFS Permissions from the pop-up menu. You'll then see a CMD window pop up for each object/folder selected and a warning about it possibly slowing down the PC. Just run one CMD window at a time, let it finish and move on to the next. This took almost an hour to complete and I did get one or two errors on certain files, just skip them. Restart, and eject the disc at the same time. Almost fell of the chair in amazement when the desktop came up!.
I made one other slight change to the registry but will go back and double check the settings before I post.
Hope this helps.

Like SoundsGreat said, re-installing the OS is too easy an option. I'd much rather learn how to fix it instead.

Cheers
Big B :)

Back