Windows 7 Beta Observations and Screenshots

It says as DX11 but people say there is just one dll of directx 11. Can u check if itis really DX11 or just DX10 with just a single dx11 dll?

@alsiladka r u using win 7 as the main operating system or as dual boot.how much time does it take to install compared to vista.by the ways thanks for ur observations

Just Installed Windows 7 its looks freakin sexy and amazingly fast .I am on windows 7 now,Took 30 Mins to install.Will post the screenies later need to hit the sack have work in the night :(.

Have one small issue why isnt my vista drive shown in windows 7 my other drive is shown.

LoL found this somewhere..

Attachments

• windows_7.png
    windows_7.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 172
I am going to remove vista off my machine and put windows 7 but waiting for 64bit do not want to download,waiting to grab it from some one .Total installation completed in less than 30 mins :clap: :clap:

Many new observations and screenshots. Check the 1st post for all the observations and some new must see screenshots!

Observations:

* Fastest speeds while copying to external drive. I am getting 33.5kbps while copying files from my computer to my external. This is 10% than Vista, and i dont remember XPs speed, but i dont think it was this fast.

* The progress bar indicator background in the taskbar buttons is another example of productivy tweaks incorporated in Windos 7. To those complaining that XP is lighter in RAM usage and in raw bechmarks, it is such tweaks which need to be taken into consideration. The RAM usage and the raw benchmarks would take a hit due to cosmetic changes like these, but in real world use, in XP, this would mean a 2 3 second each time you want to check the progress, but over here, you are not wasting your 3 seconds having to deviate from your current task at hand and checking the progress!

* "Safely Remove Hardware" functionality has also received the much needed easy of use upgrade. I am attaching screenshots to make it clear.

* "New Folder" button is back in the Explorer task pane, after it had been removed in Vista. I missed this small button a lot in Vista!

* Some new control panel applets like Location Sensor, Credentials hint at some interesting possibilities once they are made use of! Screenshots attached.

* Even after nearly 2 weeks of use, i have to add that the menus still open as quickly as they did the first day! Really really responsive!

* The Ribbon interface in the Paint application is really a huge improvement for the application, i just hope they would have added more functionality to Paint. Check the screenshots.

Adding screenshots to the first post itself, many new ones this time :)

I've got the 64 bit ISO and key, still contemplating whether to install over Vista or not...

I'm more interested to see what people think of the touch/multitouch interface in Win7... I hope we get to see more reviews with that info in there... the Beta release notes do mention HP and Dell devices with multitouch...

Gaurish said:
anyone knows who do get Finderprint/Biometric devices working?
Try this out - Start64.com reports that "UPEK is working closely with Microsoft to develop its biometric software alongside Windows 7 development. UPEK will support solutions embedded in future Windows 7-based notebooks, as well as within millions of existing UPEK enabled notebooks and Eikon USB peripherals that will support Windows 7."
More over here - 64bit and x64 - UPEK biometric software for Windows 7 - Preview version (64bit)
BTW, also try this out.

Open Devices & Printers.

Right click your biometric device and troubleshoot it.

It should prompt you to install some driver or something.
More previews should be out in a few weeks.

This thing takes nearly one minute and consumes nearly one GB just to boot to the desktop :D I wonder what they will do for netbooks both RAM wise and price wise... can't wait for the next stages (Beta2/RC/RTM) to get a better idea of the eventual performance...

Got both 32bit and 64bit OSs, but DVDs here are freakin expensive! 13$ for box of 10! :cry:

I just want wifi to work. have a DAC for audio :p

Back