Windows Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Just to confirm - the retail RTM build is 10240 that was earlier shared with insiders. It installed alright on my haswell rig. The only issue was lack of network at the end of the install - the supplied driver for the onboard intel i218 nic failed to work properly. Had to install the latest driver from intel for it to start working.

Do not clean install first if you want to keep activated. Upgrade first to Windows 10 from 7/8/8.1, then you can do a clean install and it will remain activated. Apparently MS is saving your hardware description in its server, when you upgrade. Later even if you clean install, it will be activated.
Users are reporting that this works for all Windows 7/8/8.1 that are activated using any method (genuine or not genuine).

Only the upgrade path is:
Windows 7 Home Basic/ Home premium or Windows 8/8.1 Core => Windows 10 Core
Windows 7 Professional/Ultimate or Windows 8/8.1 Pro => Windows 10 Pro

Yeah will try that. Have to use OTG to use pen drive and install. Problem is, i read that, installation menu has no proper touch functionality, so have to use a keyboard. That is a problem if i use OTG to install. Only 1 port :(.

best way to get Windows 10 is download iso through media creation tool and upgrade or fresh install . But as such have to upgrade to add win 7/8 keys to Win 10 database for future fresh install

Windows 10 Pro all set now:

Windows 10.jpg

I have disabled all apps I never use like maps, Cortana, phone etc, and few more.

Back