WIndows 10 reserve notification

I always assumed it was a part of the laptop price I paid.
Yes. It was part of the laptop price. That is why you also get laptops with DOS and Linux at around 2k to 3k lesser than Windows laptops.

So does that mean I was a genuine windows owner only as long as I was using that Dell laptop? That sucks. :mad:
That's how OEM licenses work. It is tied to the machine with which it was shipped.

Yes. It was part of the laptop price. That is why you also get laptops with DOS and Linux at around 2k to 3k lesser than Windows laptops.
That's how OEM licenses work. It is tied to the machine with which it was shipped.
Yes the DOS version was available at local stores for a far lesser price. I bought from the Dell online store. If I knew this OEM crap at that time, I would've definitely gone for the DOS version and purchased the OS separately.

Yes...exactly.

OEM version cost less than Retial version which got transfer rights.

Say if Retial cost approx 7k+ then OEM cost apprx 3k+ .
Yeah, Now I understood that. So no workarounds possible? Dell gave a couple of disks (recovery disks or something I guess).

I got the notification on my windows 7 64bit ..though it is genuine ..reserved the free upgrade ..however no info when the upgrade will arrive .

Back