Windows Windows 10 free upgrade

@ReVo_007 Can you please get me the price of VS with MSDN?
Can you PM me your requirements ... I will try to strike a deal then :) .[DOUBLEPOST=1433793270][/DOUBLEPOST]
Windows 8 N version is available for $15 (around Rs 1000/-) in reddit
I get your point but I just passed on the pricing I didn't decide on it so If you like you can buy from reddit :) .

BTW AFAIK OEM keys wont get the offer is that true ?

pricing is 1500 for windows 7 and 2000 for windows 8/8.1 .. he has several editions as you will be knowing like N , pro and all that so simply put first come first serve :) in terms of the versions you will get .PS: I dont know if MSDN keys are allowed in market else I will share the approx details of the number of keys of each version he has .
Which version of Windows 7 it is?

I havent bought windows 8 seperately. It was preinstalled (genuine - OS key mentioned on back side sticker) when i bought my laptop. Do i also eligible for free upgrade offer. I havent got any message yet.
I didn't get any notification on my ASUS T100 with Windows 8.1. Anything I can do?
there is a windows update, which you'll might've not done. you do not get the notification to get windows 10 (reserve) if you dont do that update. also, if you dont want to get windows 10, you can uninstall that update.[DOUBLEPOST=1433835145][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you PM me your requirements ... I will try to strike a deal then :) .[DOUBLEPOST=1433793270][/DOUBLEPOST]
I get your point but I just passed on the pricing I didn't decide on it so If you like you can buy from reddit :) .

BTW AFAIK OEM keys wont get the offer is that true ?
OEM keys get it too I think. cause the get windows 10 popup showed up in my gigabyte pc also & have reserved it too :p

Last edited:
there is a windows update, which you'll might've not done. you do not get the notification to get windows 10 (reserve) if you dont do that update. also, if you dont want to get windows 10, you can uninstall that update.[DOUBLEPOST=1433835145][/DOUBLEPOST]
OEM keys get it too I think. cause the get windows 10 popup showed up in my gigabyte pc also & have reserved it too :p
Thanks for confirming :p then I can use my windows 7 OEM keys too :D yey!

Which version of Windows 7 it is?
everyone except ultimate as he said.

Windows 8 license serial keys for my laptop is store in UEFI of my Laptop. When I install W8/8.1 anew, the serial key automatically appears.

Don't know what will happen in future reinstalls, if I option for this favor my MSFT.

Are you sure? Windows 8.1 does not accept Windows 8 key unless you make some changes to the iso or use the windows installation media creation tool (to create the 8.1 iso)

http://www.howtogeek.com/187525/how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-windows-8.1-with-a-windows-8-key/

I just wiped my Win7 and Win8 installations on my desktop a week ago and installed Win 8.1 Pro (so that I can eventually update to Win10) and yes I was able to directly clean install Win8.1 pro (with update) using unmodified MSDN ISO by entering my Win8 key.

It took a few days but I eventually got the upgrade reservation notification icon in system tray on my desktop installation.

Interestingly, while I was doing the same fresh install (again using my Win8 key for the Win8.1 ISO USB setup) on my laptop yesterday, DURING THE SETUP ITSELF, on one of the screens it asked if I wanted to reserve the Win10 upgrade! That was nice.

Win 8 with key then it is not a problem. Microsoft mentions which version of os are supported. Win 8 Rt editions and enterprise editions are not supported.

Win 8 with key then it is not a problem. Microsoft mentions which version of os are supported. Win 8 Rt editions and enterprise editions are not supported.
I got only my netbook at time of delivery, no drivers or cd's. Besides I have a drive space of only 8 gb(only 22gb available since 1st run). Win 10 is supposed to be 3 gb. So I really don't know how will my hdd space manage to cope with it. I couldn't find the required KB update under Optional updates so I suppose I will have to download all of them which won't help due to limited space.

Last edited:
I got only my netbook at time of delivery, no drivers or cd's. Besides I have a drive space of only 8 gb(only 22gb available since 1st run). Win 10 is supposed to be 3 gb. So I really don't know how will my hdd space manage to cope with it. I couldn't find the required KB update under Optional updates so I suppose I will have to download all of them which won't help due to limited space.
Windows 10 Download size is 3 GB.Install size in Technical Preview is around 9 GB(32 bit) and 11GB (64 bit)

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-10&faq=31

To get Windows 10 app check the following link

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...i/848b5cce-958b-49ae-a132-a999a883265b?auth=1

I have Win 7 starter on a broken laptop with the license key sticker.
Can I use the key to install Win 7 on my desktop?

I have Win 7 starter on a broken laptop with the license key sticker.
Can I use the key to install Win 7 on my desktop?
Nope.You cannot change to a different version of Windows 7 using the same key which is only valid for starter.
But you will be eligible to be upgraded to Windows 10 Home.

Guys,

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro and reserved windows 10. But the windows 10 app shows the windows 10 home (119$) ??
upload_2015-7-2_17-30-35.png

Is this same for all, because there are no explicit message on what windows version will be pushed to my pc (Home/pro) ??

Nope.You cannot change to a different version of Windows 7 using the same key which is only valid for starter.
But you will be eligible to be upgraded to Windows 10 Home.
You misunderstood me. I wasn't planning to change to a different version. I want to install Windows 7 Starter on my desktop if I can use the key that came with my now junked laptop.

Back