Win 7 stuck on boot screen

stavan_d

Disciple
hello TEchies...

let me start with a little back story first, which might be useful...

I had MSI 890GXM-G65 motherboard, which stopped working for no apparent reason. I repaired it twice but it finally croaked the 3rd time it broke down.
So after a bit of searching for the same board and failing... I got Asus M4A88T-M LE motherboard in March.

I installed the board and it was as easy as plug and play. I didn't need to reinstall windows, I didn't need to update drivers, the PC was working fine up until 15 days back.

1 fine day it simply got stuck on the Windows boot screen and would not load further. I tried system repair and sys restore, but nothing worked.

So finally I reinstalled windows(was thinking about formatting for sometime now, so this was a good excuse) and the PC was working fine installed the drivers for audio, restarted and still fine. But after I installed the drivers for On Board video/gfx, I started having the same problem. the windows was stuck on boot screen.

I did a system restore to the point after fresh install tried the vfx driver install again but still it gave the same problem, I downloaded different versions but still nothing
Finally reinstalled windows again, installed the sound drivers and the PC was back to normal except that I cant play any games or watch HD Movies properly.

So what could be the problem? Any Ideas?

HELP!!!

Thanks

sd

do you get POST screen ?? my previous experiences has taught me when the PC is stuck at boot 1st check the POST screen and see if all the HDD are detected or not. 2nd try to swap the ram modules . you can also check this thread

hope it helps

Back