CPU/Mobo Will this run with good GPU !!!!

sndpgr

Disciple
I have Core2duo E4600 , intel's mobo , 1 Gb ram transdend .
I think I need to have a power supply unit which one,
A cpu cooler again which one???
Will this run with say an 8800 GTX , or will there be bottleneck??
If yes what do I need to run a 8800 GTX!!!

U r buying 8800GTX ?? Dont buy, ATM ATI 4850 is better buy.

U need 3GHz C2D minimum, and UR mobo doesnt support overclocking.

Corsair TX650 for GTX, VX450 will do for 4850.

I am not buying a 8800 GTX just want to know if my pc can run it , I might get it from one of my friends who wants to sell it(it's 2 years old)
Just want to see how much I'll have to upgrade .

Your cpu won't be a bottleneck for most games . A good PSU is recommended though . Some new games might not run well with 1 GIG ram ( especially in vista ) so that can be a botthleneck . Buy another gig of ram and a good psu . Which mobo do u exactly have btw ?

I'm not interested in vista for the time being, Ram upgrade won't be a problem though I can afford another 1 k!:)
The mobo I have is intel DG31PR for intel core2duo and core2quad processors,
supports Dual channel DDR2 800/667 SDram 4 Gb max
supports 1333/1066/800 Mhz.

if the used 8800 gtx for 7-9k u can used card but u need good psu at least 30 amps at single or dual 12 v rail for 8800 gtx only

sndpgr said:
I am not buying a 8800 GTX just want to know if my pc can run it , I might get it from one of my friends who wants to sell it(it's 2 years old)

Two years old 880GTX?:S

sndpgr said:
So !!! bad idea?????

Nothing is final yet though!!!

want to consult you guys!!!

really bad idea, dont take it.. ur friend is trying to make an a$$ out of you, get a new 4850 locally instead, it needs less power compared to the 8800gtx too... and performs better

Well! he said it would be better if I would buy a 9600 instead,that's why he was getting rid of it.
Well! I was mystified! 8800 Gtx , Damn! I thought it was a good deal!:mad:
Anyways!
:hap2:

sndpgr said:

i dont think card is 2 yrs early even avaliable in India though its a new card according to me either he is fooling u or their is a problem in the card and as far as 9600 is concerned 8800gtx is better then it and 4850 hd is best out of them check the reviews of the cards and think yourself......:)

common 8800 GTX is a very powerful GPU.... 10k for a gtx is a good deal IMHO....
4850 can't beat a gtx.... maybe 9800 GTX but not a 8800 GTX....
But you will need a minimum 6.5k PSU to handle a gtx....

recommended.... HX620 ot TX650

The thing I want to know if my system would cause bottlenecks, it's not where you put a GTX see!
10k is an O.K deal as long as Gpu is in good condition and I don't have to spend a fortune on upgrading!
I don't want to overclock or anything ! So no problem with mobo or cpu
And he got that Gpu shipped in from somewhere , I haven't asked him from where!
He would allow to lend the card for a week to see if it works. still I have to get a psu.

Back