Graphic Cards Will this cause a prob

Vandal

Skilled
I wanted to know in the P180 there's this back/side vent with a fitment for an 80mm fan thats supposed to cool the graphics card. Now I haven't assembled either of my P180's as yet, but would like to know....will this impede certain larger graphics cards like say the X1800XT or 7800GTX 512? 1 of my next cards will be one of these 80% chances of the former..

Will I need this duct, will it obstruct such cards? Should I remove it?

apollyon said:
i removed this duct th moment i got the cabby.
wire management in the p180 is a b**ch as it is, this duct makes it more difficult
agreed about the wire mgmt part...Say since you've used them....It is cooler isn't it?? I mean I will be installing a P4 660 in one and something in the range of a manchester/toledo in the other....with loads 'o ram, HDD's and a 7800GT and X1800XT

Another gripe...even empty these cabs are very very bloody heavy....

goldenfrag said:
Youll need to remove the Ducting. I doubt the monster x1800xt will fit in w/ it there.

I haven't seen the X1800Xt in the flesh..Is it really big?? How heavy?? bigger than the 7800GTX 512???
Good cooler???

Its Bigger than the 7800GTX 256. Compared to the 512. I Know not.

But the x1800xt cooler is similar to the x850 xt pe cooler. Dual Slot and Rounded for the Fan.

goldenfrag said:
Its Bigger than the 7800GTX 256. Compared to the 512. I Know not.
But the x1800xt cooler is similar to the x850 xt pe cooler. Dual Slot and Rounded for the Fan.
yeah i saw close shots of it though....looks beautiful....man really nice

his rig says WIP or Work In Progress.. He has decided to buy that rig. He is slowly collecting parts for it. He already has the P180, and the RAM

Back