Will Galaxy S advance get Jelly Bean update?

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Seems unlikely. Even SII is not confirmed yet, although CM10 stable ROM's are out since ages...

May 27, 2012
It could just be a miscommunication from the regional Samsung facebook admin. Samsung revealed its JB update plans already and only 3 handsets are listed - GS2, Note and GS3. Samsung never officially said that the S advance will get ICS, forget JB.

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
was just wondering as if this is true S advance will be a gud choice around 20k mobiles
Specs wise yes, but developer/Samsung support is nil, you will be stuck on Ginger Bread forever. At 20-23k Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a no brainer, out of the box Jelly Bean, superb development community, and a near guaranteed update of Kandy Cane. Only downside is no warranty in India.

deepanshuchg

Disciple
Jul 17, 2012
Specs wise yes, but developer/Samsung support is nil, you will be stuck on Ginger Bread forever. At 20-23k Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a no brainer, out of the box Jelly Bean, superb development community, and a near guaranteed update of Kandy Cane. Only downside is no warranty in India.

Thats the main problem else wud have got it way back when it was released :p

- - - Updated - - -

btw how can i getn exus here in delhi? are there any online/local stores selling it or i wud have to ship it from abroad by some relatives?

manucitc

Disciple
Aug 8, 2012
Thats the main problem else wud have got it way back when it was released :p

- - - Updated - - -

btw how can i getn exus here in delhi? are there any online/local stores selling it or i wud have to ship it from abroad by some relatives?

Gaffar market or if you are familier with ebay,there are so many gnex with seller warranty available

deepanshuchg

Disciple
Jul 17, 2012
Got the article on gsm arena as well( yes till now i was not able to find it on gsmarena :p)

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and S Advance to skip ICS, get JB - GSMArena.com news

S advance.jpg