Wi-Fi or Wired network for new office. (1100sq.ft, floor plan inside)

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
This is for a friend.
He is moving his office setup in a new self owned premise. I am attaching the plan below.

Plan.png
1)The entire office is on same floor & mostly have ready made furniture.
2)Except for the last two cabins there is no wall in between. All partitions are cubicles (4~5ft in height) File cabinets 7ft tall. No walls anywhere in between.
3)There will be a big MFD device which will be used for scanning all documents.
4) The Server on which tally will be hosted is placed to the left of the MFD along with the ISP Modem.
5) There will be about 17 PCs and about 5~6 mobile phones which will connect to the network. (Green heart symbols in the pic)
6) 2 Deskjet Printers and one network printer (MFD) (Brown heart symbols in the pic)
7)Majority of office traffic is Tally usage (hosted on server mentioned in point 4.)
8) End to End length of the office is about 55feet and width is 20 feet

Now the question is for network implementation which would be the preferred option of the following?
1) Old trusty wired LAN using CAT6.
2) Use one dual band AC router and supplement it with AC access point. (Red stars in the pic)
3)Use only single triple band AC Wi-Fi router in the center of the office (Orange star in the pic)

I thought WiFi would be sufficient since there is no heavy data / file transfers required and most data is only normal net traffic or Tally data.
But I am not sure if these many clients can connect to a wifi router and be served efficiently.

Please suggest which of the above options should I go for network implementation.
Any additional comments/suggestions most welcome as long as its related and relevant to above topic.
Budget for router + AP is about 30k.
Any more info reqd?

Open the plan image in a new window for better view.[DOUBLEPOST=1438925670][/DOUBLEPOST]No one????

Last edited:
Wifi ALL the way!
In fact I am sure you would not even need an additional Access point if you keep your router in the center.
Of course you will need to check the router capabilities in supporting about 30 concurrent WLAN addresses.

Thats my major concern since atleast 12-15 clients will be connected to the router at any given point of time the router should be able to handle them all. Else I was thinking to add an AP and limit the no of clients (by MAC IDs) that can connect the network from a device.

But again there is no info on how many clients can connect to single AP.
Looked through the Unifi AC models. The product is promising but looking for more info on no of clients :)

@rakesh_sharma23 I checked your site and you have reviewed tri band AC routers. Any inputs on my queries?
Mainly how many devices can I connect to this router and service them efficiently. More details in OP.

There are no numbers mentioned as such. But while designing wifi AP placement and such, we follow a rule of thumb ~15-20 users per AP.
Having said that, have seen no noticeable issues with 45 users on one AP (Cisco 3500i) in a meeting room.

Back