Wi-Fi Airtel

Adept
I read yesterday in the newspaper that Airtel is giving Wi-fi to all the users using the plan of above combo 799 free of cost. What does this actually means? Means they are giving the router for free? Is there any disadvantages over the modem? Should I take it?

PS: I am using Home 999.

i got that wifi modem free of cost . works very fine but, many options in beetel firmware are missing. i don't find any advanced features.

I think you'll have access to the advanced features if you telnet into the router instead of access the web-based UI. That's how it was with the old Beetel 220BX that I had.

So should I take it? Are there any sort of terms or conditions?

n also what about the charges? Will they charge extra per month?

After taking the router, will they take away the modem?

Asking so bcz I am currently not having the wireless LAN card, so to be able to use the net until I buy the LAN card..

I call them to inquire.

But hey said that since I have paid 500/- for the previous modem, I have to pay additional 1k/- and return the old modem to get the new one :(

I have the 1000/- UL plan btw

It's a modem+router, so even if they take away the old modem, it's no biggie. You will still be able to hard-wire your PC to the new wifi modem/router.

Edrill said:
It's a modem+router, so even if they take away the old modem, it's no biggie. You will still be able to hard-wire your PC to the new wifi modem/router.

Means until I get the wireless LAN card, I can still use the wires to connect from the router?

Deus Ex Machina said:
I call them to inquire.
But hey said that since I have paid 500/- for the previous modem, I have to pay additional 1k/- and return the old modem to get the new one :(
I have the 1000/- UL plan btw

:S
Really? Let me confirm today. :(

I got a UL 999 plan of 384kbps recently . In the installation was included a free WiFi router for my surfing needs.

It turns out to be totally free with no extra costs attached :)

rahulduggal said:
I got a UL 999 plan of 384kbps recently . In the installation was included a free WiFi router for my surfing needs.

It turns out to be totally free with no extra costs attached :)

lucky_chouhan said:
I have also Wifi free of cost for last 13 months

So you guys had WiFi from start? I upgraded from a 256 kbps. But I deserve a WiFi router, since I'm paying same amount per month as you guys :(

188007 said:
I read yesterday in the newspaper that Airtel is giving Wi-fi to all the users using the plan of above combo 799 free of cost. What does this actually means? Means they are giving the router for free? Is there any disadvantages over the modem? Should I take it?

have any web link as source? :)

Called airtel
- enquired for the wifi
- was told1000 bux more for it to be installed on my existing connection
- threatened for the connection to be disconnected
- now on wifi for free :p

:D

Read my previous post again . .
Just tell them that if they are giving it for free with a new connection then u'd like to get ur current conn. Disconnected and get a new one with free wifi and tell them to transfer ur call to the cancellation deptt and tell them that if ur not given free wifi router then the conn. Will be disconnected. .
He'll negotiate, asked me to settle for 500 bux more for the wifi but just do no settle for a penny more than free. .
I just did the same this morning and got this slick beetel wifi modem . . :p

Feel free to ask any questions

Actually i was told that only NEW users with plans over 800 only for the month of OCTOBER will be given free Wi-Fi modems. Guess i got lucky :)

Back