why No visa and passport required to enter india for people of Nepal.

delguy19

Skilled
why No visa and passport required to enter India for people of Nepal. And on other hand Indian required visa for most of the countries.

I created this thread as I just wanted to know why is this so ???

no even we indians dont require any passport or visa to enter Nepal!!

a fiend of mine studies in Nepal medical college and he crosses from gorakhpur to nepal via a taxi or bus!!

no passport/visa required

why is it so i dont know!!

ask central government!! :p

Alright but why as India is big country why they dont require visa to enter india. On other hand we daam required passport if we are flying to nepal.

is it both visa and passport that are not required? i thot usually you do require a passport but not necessarily a visa if countries have some of deal for visitors...

yes, for nepal, any valid id proof works. however, some countries have a visa-on-arrival system where you just go with your passport and the visa is given when you reach the destination (at the airport).

yes visa on arrival but i dont think it is fr us indians going to any other place

its for americans and europeans and british people travelling to india and they get visa on arrival in india

i dont think we will get visa on arrival in US

Many reasons

India needs(likes) to keep good relation with nepal [it will be crucial base in case of an armed conflict with china]

Lots of nepali folk working in India.

A lot of Nepal's import happens through this route. Less hassles for smugglers

Most important, India can influence a lot of things in Nepal this way.

thats is the reason why some passports are more valuable that others, With an EU passport you can not only travel visafree in all the EU nations but also a lot of other countries.

Arya said:
Most important, India can influence a lot of things in Nepal this way.

+1

delguy, you shoudl realise these sorts of agreements are always reciprocal anywhere in the world. If you find it isnt then some info is missing ;)

blr_p said:
+1

delguy, you shoudl realise these sorts of agreements are always reciprocal anywhere in the world. If you find it isnt then some info is missing ;)

Well my question was just for personal info and i guess i have got my answer. I have nothing to do with missing info. But still thanks all for idea.

from my experience on multiple occasions, i can confirm that you can get visa on arrival in thailand. even to go to hong kong or macau, you just need a passport, you dont even get a visa on arrival, they just stamp your passport with the time frame within which you need to leave the country (or get a renewal if possible). im sure that there are more such countries. but for MOST countries, a visa is a must.

vb86 said:
from my experience on multiple occasions, i can confirm that you can get visa on arrival in thailand. even to go to hong kong or macau, you just need a passport, you dont even get a visa on arrival, they just stamp your passport with the time frame within which you need to leave the country (or get a renewal if possible). im sure that there are more such countries. but for MOST countries, a visa is a must.

Thanks for reply well I my self visited hongkong atleast 3 times and many other countries. What i asked and wanted to know was why no visa or passport for nepal people to enter india and i guess i got my answers.

Its more like Europe. They can travel within Europe without a Visa. They can just travel in bus, train, water or plane. Something like that.

Ecstasy said:
Its more like Europe. They can travel within Europe without a Visa. They can just travel in bus, train, water or plane. Something like that.

Its different than europe. More of an economic angle there, and here its political/cultural. They have come to common terms and security measures to avoid hassles. It will increase and smoothen flow of people/business among those nations.

India has had it with Nepal since independence I would guess. To project itself as a strong country India needs to keep a tab on its neighbours. Thats the only reason SAARC exists.

Bhutan and Nepal would make a good ally in case there is a conflict with China. However its different in case of Nepal because they are closest in terms of culture and language. Not to mention the Gurkhas who join the Indian army. Only non-Indians allowed in Indian armed forces.

Back