Graphic Cards Who Has The Money And is Getting FERMI 100% on Release Day

The 480 is gonna be damn expensive in india :) I sold my card and waiting for fermi but guess with my 30k budget ill get end up getting a 5870 and psu:)ill atleast own the second fastest card

GTX 485 would probably make more sense. I have a feeling this will be a hot b1tch :p

Who buys without benchmarks? That's like sleeping with a hooker without a rubber...

vandal said:
Who buys without benchmarks? That's like sleeping with a hooker without a rubber...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

regardless it being 10-15% faster, there are lot more things like power consumption, heat output that would define the value of the card... not to mention, for that kind of gain in performance I hardly see ATi getting pressured to reduce the prices on current SKUs.

Unless the hype boosts Fermi sales enough, I don't see ATi reducing the prices on current cards... although I hope at least something pushes them to do so.

Without benchies it's almost impossible to judge if Fermi's are worth the hoopla or not.. Nvidia has kept everything under wraps... Radeon's have always been better when it has come down to price/performance ratio...

One thing is for sure, there is going to price-rearrangements as soon as Fermi's come out.. Now that is something all of us would like... Ain't it???

So, now that its available for preorder and most reviews are out all over net, has anyone decided to or have already pulled the trigger?

BTW, 480 is expected to launch in second, third week of April locally with very limited stock. (hell, even Nvidia PR firm didnt have cards for India few days back :mad:. as usual, India gets ignored ) with Price ranging from 29999 to 34xxx depending on AIBs. These are rough estimates I got. Dont hold me to it, but this is coming from credible sources.

read the fermi review. both tomshardware and anandtech say the same thing -- its all fart and no Sh!t!(TM)

1. nvidia has a card which is the single fastest gpu solution by not much. u overclock a 2. 5series ati card and achieve the same/better performance.

3. nvidia cards leech power and run hot(expect loads of rma)

cost more than ati counterparts

4. unimpressive and a lot is left to chance - what if this software works and that technology works and then maybe our cards will perform better--what if it doesn't?

bottomline::: stick to ati it makes more sense--its cooler and performs better and is less power hungry and available now.

its time for me to upgrade now--was waiting to see what fermi does.

Shripad said:
So, now that its available for preorder and most reviews are out all over net, has anyone decided to or have already pulled the trigger?

BTW, 480 is expected to launch in second, third week of April locally with very limited stock. (hell, even Nvidia PR firm didnt have cards for India few days back :mad:. as usual, India gets ignored ) with Price ranging from 29999 to 34xxx depending on AIBs. These are rough estimates I got. Dont hold me to it, but this is coming from credible sources.

any word on the price for a 470? i'm not really serious about getting it but i am curious to see if a change might be worth it. currently running 2 260s in sli, i don't think there will be much (if any) of a performance boost with the 470.

So 480 is better that 5870 and 5870 is better than 470 right with all the heat issues 480 and 470 .5870 is a great buy I just ordered it through media home today

psdatta2005 said:
So 480 is better that 5870 and 5870 is better than 470 right with all the heat issues 480 and 470 .5870 is a great buy I just ordered it through media home today

Yup, its weird situation for NV.
Their 470 and 480 are caught between scissor blades of ATI cards.

5850 - GTX 470 - 5870 - GTX 480 - 5970.

5850 and 5870 now makes more sense than they ever did.

The overall Nv package is a bit disappointing ... the 6+ months that they took after red's released there cards and only a small gain in peformance over the 5850 and the 5870 with a lot more heat generated and lot more power consumed ... doesnt sound good enough. No wonder the Red's are in no hurry in cutting prices. Did read from the guru 3d review that next driver update from nv will see the fan's running at 70% to reduce the heat , think we will see how good the nv package is the month ahead, and 475 and 485 might be where there will be something significant.

Shripad said:

newegg listed all brands of gtx 480 and 470 for 499 $ & for 349 $
how is it possible to sell a gtx 480 for 30k ?? 499$ means 22500 Rs .I am expecting some changes in prices...

neojjjk said:
newegg listed all brands of gtx 480 and 470 for 499 $ & for 349 $
how is it possible to sell a gtx 480 for 30k ?? 499$ means 22500 Rs .I am expecting some changes in prices...

First of all, its not USA.
$379 card launched here for 26-27K. (5870)
We have healthy customs and add to that low volumes in India. All this equals to higher margins and higher prices.

Shripad said:
First of all, its not USA.
$379 card launched here for 26-27K. (5870)
We have healthy customs and add to that low volumes in India. All this equals to higher margins and higher prices.

price of 5870 is 429$ in newegg (around 20k)
selling here for 26-27k...

Back