Who didnt cry after seeing "Up"(movie)

spindoctor said:
me. i thought the movie was missing the pixar magic to be honest.

The movie was not the best, but it hit me emotionally.

I guess the married ones will find this touchy :p

vij said:
1195997.jpg

Up has to be the most emotional animation movie ever.
I could barely hold back my tears through the first 10 min and it pulled me emotionally everytime there were references to the first 10 mins.
The tragic loss of a life-long partner has been captured in a subtle but telling manner...

So, who didnt cry :p

Are you a chick? why would a grown man cry watching animated movie?

Agree with spindoctor, its totally overrated. Wall-E was much better

lostprophets said:
Are you a chick? why would a grown man cry watching animated movie?

Agree with spindoctor, its totally overrated. Wall-E was much better

No sweety :p, I didnt mean I cried and sobbed... but it it did move me and I found myself holding back some tears. Yep, no animated movie did that to me. Maybe its because I am married and have a loving wife...and I could relate a bit.

Its over-rated but touchy...

real men cry :p , its how you get the women ... you cry , the women think ,,,aww what a cute thing to do , lets take him to bed .... dont how that relates , but seriously crying works ..... except if you are getting beaten by some other guy ... dont cry there

kippu said:
real men cry :p , its how you get the women ... you cry , the women think ,,,aww what a cute thing to do , lets take him to bed .... dont how that relates , but seriously crying works ..... except if you are getting beaten by some other guy ... dont cry there

Damn man. you nailed it!
My wife says girls love men that are emotional. I guess I scored there :p

Btw lot of my friends found "Up" moving and ya I did notice that the married ones related to the touchy factor better :p

vij said:
No sweety :p, I didnt mean I cried and sobbed... but it it did move me and I found myself holding back some tears. Yep, no animated movie did that to me. Maybe its because I am married and have a loving wife...and I could relate a bit.
Its over-rated but touchy...

i didnt mean to offend you but i just cant understand why someone would cry watching a fictional movie let alone a animated disney movie.

i guess its just me then, not the sentimental type

lostprophets said:
i didnt mean to offend you but i just cant understand why someone would cry watching a fictional movie let alone a animated disney movie.

What does being fictional or animated have to do with the emotional impact of a film?? I still get a lump in my throat watching simba stand over his dead father and crying for help...

Haven't seen 'Up" yet. Is it good?

zhopudey said:
What does being fictional or animated have to do with the emotional impact of a film?? I still get a lump in my throat watching simba stand over his dead father and crying for help...

It is over-rated, but a good movie neverthless. Got an 8.6 rating on rottentomatoes. There's less fun factor in this movie for sure, but is a movie I'd recommend :)

Its a nice movie, but nowhere as good as the initial reviews suggested. This movie has a very kiddish appeal. WALLE was something different, that movie actually attached the viewers to the main character, not so sure about this one.

lostprophets said:

Hmm, think again tell me you didnt cry forced to watch a bollywood movie with more then 10 songs :bleh:

Aces170 said:
Its a nice movie, but nowhere as good as the initial reviews suggested. This movie has a very kiddish appeal. WALLE was something different, that movie actually attached the viewers to the main character, not so sure about this one.

The movie will definitely appeal more to mature audiences because of the initial premise. Kids wont understand what it means to lose a "childhood sweetheart cum wife" and be left alone at an old age.

The picture of old Carl sitting with his balloon after losing ellie was moving.

Aces170 said:

i found this movie one of the most emotional animated movies. WALL E is much better but Up is a special animated movie. i enjoyed it a lot.

vij said:
The tragic loss of a life-long partner has been captured in a subtle but telling manner...

How is the loss tragic??I mean they met during childhood, had a great successful marriage and she died at an old age which is inevitable! They had a great life together! It's not that she was hit by a truck when they were in in their midlife or got cancer or something! Everybody I'm meeting says how sad the montage made them and how tragic it was, but I think it was a very satisfying one not a sad one!!

Btw, checkout the soundtrack! It's awesome!!!

eggman said:
How is the loss tragic??I mean they met during childhood, had a great successful marriage and she died at an old age which is inevitable! They had a great life together! It's not that she was hit by a truck when they were in in their midlife or got cancer or something! Everybody I'm meeting says how sad the montage made them and how tragic it was, but I think it was a very satisfying one not a sad one!!

Its an inevitable tragedy for the one thats left behind.

The treatment was subtle, satisfying, yet touching.

The music was great.

vij said:
It is over-rated, but a good movie neverthless. Got an 8.6 rating on rottentomatoes. There's less fun factor in this movie for sure, but is a movie I'd recommend :)

I agree. Something just felt a little bit missing, but good movie to watch.

As you said, the part where he loses his wife was nicely shown.

The voice acting by the kid was totally awesome, others were good as well.

the album sequence at the beginning was very good. pixar do have a knack for non verbal story telling. their movies usually require a suspension of disbelief but this movie is just corny. around the time the talking dogs showed up was when i realized that it wasn't going to be a special movie. for the record, i didn't think much of wall-e either. the last amazing movie by them was ratatouille imo.

lostprophets said:

That is the correct answer! :)

zhopudey said:

Yes i saw it in 3D moreoever. It's a good movie but a warning: If you watch it with your gf, then you better make no fun/exciting plans after the movie as she will not have interest in that :D

vij said:
The movie will definitely appeal more to mature audiences because of the initial premise. Kids wont understand what it means to lose a "childhood sweetheart cum wife" and be left alone at an old age.
The picture of old Carl sitting with his balloon after losing ellie was moving.

Although, I am not married (way too loooong for that) and not old of course, but I was still able to relate to the couple (may be it's my gf effect) but yes that movie DID move me and sent me into thinking.

Especially the fast forward scene at the start - It just depicts everything possible in one's life without any words!
eggman said:

ROFL... It's not tragic 'technically' and no one meant that way dude! :p

Back