Which VPS to take?

techygeek

Adept
A client of mine needs to certain features on a site which none of the shared hosts provide.
So plan to migrate from his current shared hosting to VPS.

So would like to know and get reviews of some good VPS providers?
Looking for a suggestion from someone who has used it.

well will require around 512MB of RAM, but i read that if cpanel will be installed it is recommended to get 1GB
Budget, well he dint say any but asked me to get something VFM.
So I would suggest cheapest possible without compromising the service. A decent service/support is more imp than price.

well will require around 512MB of RAM, but i read that if cpanel will be installed it is recommended to get 1GB
Budget, well he dint say any but asked me to get something VFM.
So I would suggest cheapest possible without compromising the service. A decent service/support is more imp than price.
512mb Ram would be Sufficient to install Cpanel Albeit less than that is not Recommended.

I would Personally Recommend Hostmist for unmanaged and for Managed SolaDrive VPS. There are many more who offer cheaper like nodedeploy Etc.. but the above two are simply superb

@techygeek - You can look at Hetzner.de. I've been using their dedicated servers for more than 4 years. Really good service and prices are even better. You can even go for a dedicated server a their prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking for dedicated. but where id their VPS? is it the vserver at Hetzner Online AG: vServer VQ 7
and is it managed or unmanaged?
and just to ask again support staff is good?

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I am also looking for one for myself, but if i need to pay for hosting then I need to have a CC right?
only have a SBI Visa Debit card with me.

Again hetzner is a damn good company(i've also recommended node deploy who have their servers at hetzner). But Op requirement is Vps. So why not go a head and try it from soladrive(i have never seen negative reviews of them on web, i used shared hosting from them at uk location).

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

weeks back my friend ordered dedi from hetzner they asked his passport for id proof.

Not looking for dedicated. but where id their VPS? is it the vserver at Hetzner Online AG: vServer VQ 7
and is it managed or unmanaged?
and just to ask again support staff is good?

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I am also looking for one for myself, but if i need to pay for hosting then I need to have a CC right?
only have a SBI Visa Debit card with me.

Hetzner Online AG: vServer Productmatrix

Its 100% unmanaged. I've never had to contact their support team except 1 or 2 times in the last 4 years I've been with them, and they were fast and pretty good. But you need to understand its an unmanaged service and don't expect answers to something which you should do yourself.

Yes, you will need to use a CC, some debit cards work as well.

And yes, they do ask for ID proof if it's your first server. One other thing, the prices on their site is inclusive of the 19% VAT which is not applicable for international customers, so you will be paying about 16% less than the website price. For instance I pay only 41.17 EUR for the 49 EUR dedicated server.

Damn, my sbi debit card does not work anywhere except indian sites.
Even the virtual credit card offered by SBI can be used only for payment in rupees.

No Worries. for VPS with Indian Netbanking/ Debit card, there are few many host will would gadly accept payment in Indian currency. Another advantage of doing for indian host is that if something goes wrong, you can call & someone on other end will answer. few that i remember from top of my head

Virtual Private Server India, VPS Server In India, linux VPS India
Go Daddy Mobile - Domain Search, Go Daddy Commercials
Fully Automated Virtual Private Servers - CtrlS.com | CtrlS Datacenters Ltd
Linux VPS India | Linux VPS Server Hosting India | Linux Web Hosting India
Hyper - V VPS (Virtual Private Servers) & Dedicated Server Hosting Services ZNet India

all these are well known companies and non some 12yr running a company from his bedroom. Also, plans are month-to-month, you can try these host at low risk.

Btw, what are your requirements? what kind of application would you be running? if this is going to be used by less clients, you might want to skip Cpanel & save some money. because Cpanel is more suited in selling web hosting to technologically challenged clients.

I will have a look at the above mentioned hosts. Thanks a lot @Gaurish

Btw the client is not really technically sound.
But I will be working with him for sometime now. And he is neways going to ask me/someone to update/maintain the site. So I guess will avoid Cpanel.

P.S. neways the change of host is on hold for sometime now.

Last edited by a moderator:
^In List of Gaurish i will Recommend Ctrls for unmanaged VPS. however most of hosts suggested are not much good including Hostgator.in,Godaddy LOL.

^In List of Gaurish i will Recommend Ctrls for unmanaged VPS. however most of hosts suggested are not much good including Hostgator.in,Godaddy LOL.

I can understand the hatred towards Godaddy specially their custom control panel :p But Hostgator is supposed to be good. Atleast for me, when i last tried it. did you have any bad experiences with it?

I can understand the hatred towards Godaddy specially their custom control panel :p But Hostgator is supposed to be good. Atleast for me, when i last tried it. did you have any bad experiences with it?
If you are talking about hostgator USA well and good. Hostgator india is simply nonsense. personally I haven't Tried VPS from hostgator.in but i have bought a Shared hosting the uptime was bad and level 1 and level2 support were dumb.

no one prefers godaddy hosting.. you can always buy domains from them for which they are known.

Back