PC Peripherals Which USB hub to buy??

darksmart

Disciple
Hi
I am looking to buy the USB hub as i am suffering from shortage of ports..(my 785 chipset has just 4)..The cheaper one i purchased from ebay does not work as hub..Only one port works at a time..So which one to buy??

Do you have any USB headers on the motherboard? Then you could pick up some cables for those. Better than any USB hub.

However, if you are after a USB hub, get a Belkin one ~400 bucks or so. The one with external power is more.

Hi
I am looking to buy the USB hub as i am suffering from shortage of ports..(my 785 chipset has just 4)..The cheaper one i purchased from ebay does not work as hub..Only one port works at a time..So which one to buy?? ok

I recently bought a belkin USB hub, works well, the only flaw is the length of the USB cable. It's tiny, not even 1 feet in length. It was my mistake though, the cover says it is for laptops...

microchip said:
Hi

I am looking to buy the USB hub as i am suffering from shortage of ports..(my 785 chipset has just 4)..The cheaper one i purchased from ebay does not work as hub..Only one port works at a time..So which one to buy?? ok

I would suggest you for the one with power as many times we connect HDD's, Mobile phones for charging, etc. and hence they all perform poor because of USB Power.

Fahrenheit said:
I recently bought a belkin USB hub, works well, the only flaw is the length of the USB cable. It's tiny, not even 1 feet in length. It was my mistake though, the cover says it is for laptops...

is this with external power?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

shahbaaz_vision said:
I would suggest you for the one with power as many times we connect HDD's, Mobile phones for charging, etc. and hence they all perform poor because of USB Power.

Yeah..I want to connect hdds too..thanks..I will get a one with external power..

Thanks

Any USB hub..which is long and cable length. From the top of a MID-ATX to my desk with say 4-5 nodes...?

Back