Which one to buy,Sandisk Sansa Fuze or Sony Walkman?

Wraith

Skilled
I have been wanting to buy a mp3 player for a while now and i have narrowed it down between Sandisk Sansa Fuze and Sony Walkman E436F both of which have a 4gb capacity.
I am getting the Fuze for $65 (have a $10 off coupon too) and the Walkman for $70.

The Fuze has a lot of useful little features like FM recording, microSD card slot, the mechanical wheel, etc..

But i really like the interface and the looks of the Walkman.

So i am really confused which one to get.

I would definitely go for sansa sandisc Fuze. The microSD slot will help a lot. I am using 8Gb SDHD card in my Cowon D2 and I get the freedom of putting in more albums.

Sony Walkman:

Pros

- Audio quality

- Battery life

- Easy to use

- Compact

Fuze:

Pros

- Audio quality

- Choice of formats

- Lightweight

- Compact

- Discreet

Cons

- Interface could be revisited

- Proprietary cable

If you'll check some videos go for Sony Walkman.

If you like radio go for Fuze.

For sound quality alone with audio files, Fuze are pretty much on a par with Sony.

I recommend Sony Walkman:eek:hyeah:

audio quality is better on the Fuze.

other features are also great as compared to the sony one. extra storage really helps, you might soon start to realize later that 4gb is less and may want more.

be sure to use a good pair of earphones.

Fuze all the way.

Rockbox is unofficially supported on Fuze and its quite stable. There are couple of tutorials on youtube which shows how to install it.

^^that particular sony walkman is not a great sounding audio player. And as I said earlier, that extra storage options makes hell lot of difference, especially when you want to use uncompressed audio files. Imagine having 4Gb+16Gb storage. You can have loads and loads of uncompressed quality music. That my friend, is unbeatable advantage :)

Back