Which Micro SDHC Memory card to go for ... Class 4 or class 10 for Moto Defy?

Techie#1

Skilled
Want to purchase a New MicroSDHC Memory card for my Defy >16 gb ,most probably Sandisk or Transcend.... but i'm confused between class 4 or a class 10 card?

AFAIK class 4 cards doesn't have any compatibility problems,nor any functioning/operation issues with the defy, ...but is Slow!

On the other hand,...Class 10 cards though Fast, has many times compatibility problems,& functioning/operation issues with the defy(or also with other android phones)..which makes such a card allmost worthless or rather a futile purchase!

I'm thinking much abt it, coz i'm NOT quite sure what is the actual state of things & the price difference between a 16gb Microsdhc class4 & class10 card is still Considerable....so i'm very much confused which Class card to Go for?

I'm basically a value consumer but would also like to have speed advantages of a higher class card for high b/w op like hd video recording,etc & hence i would like to know which class card would be Perfect/Best/Most vfm purchase for me?

Additionally Also,can any1 tell...what r the actual real world speeds on the average from a class 4 & class 10 16gb microsdhc card? :)

i would be very thankful to those who replies with helpful inputs!

Class 4 = 4mbps

Class 10 = 10 mbps

HD video recording = Higher the class the better, cos you wouldnt wanna wait all your life waiting for the files to copy to and fro from the card

Im using 32GB Class 10 on my SGS2, and i see the difference in r/w speeds between the other card (Class 4, 32gb)

for casual use Class 4 is ok, but if you gonna use HD recording Class 6 is the way to go

ryanrulez4ever said:
Class 4 = 4mbps

Class 10 = 10 mbps

HD video recording = Higher the class the better, cos you wouldnt wanna wait all your life waiting for the files to copy to and fro from the card

Im using 32GB Class 10 on my SGS2, and i see the difference in r/w speeds between the other card (Class 4, 32gb)

for casual use Class 4 is ok, but if you gonna use HD recording Class 6 is the way to go

Bro, i know all this technical info,...i was more interested to know from defy user about class 10 16gb card working faultlessly in their defy,particularly a "Transcend 16gb class10 micro sdhc card"..if there is any such user of such cards here @ te. ur sgs2 works good with a class 10 card,mayb defy does responds differently to such higherclass card & have issue..not sure so asking b4 buying a card which i need to do at the earliest! Anyway,thanks for ur input! :)

pratikb said:
which one you bought transcend or sandisk

I have NOT yet brought the card,but contemplating buying one at the earliest!

Back