Which is the BEST Anti-Theft App for ANDROID that works BEST in situation?

I have McAfee Mobile Security that came along with my Xperia Pro with a 1yr subscribtion. The features available on that are the best I have seen so far including usie of web interface to track mobile via GPS and ofcourse locking the phone automatically and see recent calls made from the phone even with new sim etc and also sending a message to the phone directly who ever has the phone etc.. etc.. do check out the McAfee site for more.

No [font=arial, sans-serif]MotoBlur for India [/font][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]
<
[/font]

Tracing, Locking & Deletion works.

I have McAfee Mobile Security that came along with my Xperia Pro with a 1yr subscribtion. The features available on that are the best I have seen so far including usie of web interface to track mobile via GPS and ofcourse locking the phone automatically and see recent calls made from the phone even with new sim etc and also sending a message to the phone directly who ever has the phone etc.. etc.. do check out the McAfee site for more.

Does it work without active GPRS connection on the lost phone? Also, if the GPS is turned off can we turn it on remotely by SMS for tracking?

Does it work without active GPRS connection on the lost phone? Also, if the GPS is turned off can we turn it on remotely by SMS for tracking?

Many features of these security software cannot be fully understood or activated till you actually loose your phone. And loosing or locking a phone on purpose wouldn't make sense. The best option is to go through all the FAQs and options explained on the site of the respective software vendors to see what's possible and what's not.

Many features of these security software cannot be fully understood or activated till you actually loose your phone. And loosing or locking a phone on purpose wouldn't make sense. The best option is to go through all the FAQs and options explained on the site of the respective software vendors to see what's possible and what's not.

You can just insert another SIM in the phone and pretend it to be missing
<
. Use your regular SIM in another phone and try to find out your "stolen" phone. No harm doing so!!

i lost my dell streak last year and it had all softwares including prey , wheres my droid and many more installed , but it had screenlock pattern.

so to bypass it the thief would need to flash rom again , because of which all those never gave any response , and as soon as the phone was stolen its battery was taken off so it was not in network to try wheres my droid or get gps location by sending sms
<

So if its stolen by professional thief ( which was in my case , it was stolen in delhi metro from pocket ) none of these work if rom is flashed before booting phone with sim ..

also having lock pattern or code reduces chances of anti theft software working as thief would need to flash rom again and all apps will be removed .

I think the best way to gauge which is the best app would be if someone lost the mobile and was able to recover it. I don't see any post so far claiming the same.

PS - Oh in case you needed more reason that HTC phones are crap, their 'Phone finder' feature doesn't work. It just rings a ring.

Tested on Incredible 2 and Explorer.

Who said the Phone Finder doesnt work?

I have tested on my Desire Z and the Sensation, worked like a charm on both of them. Damn accurately too.

WatchDroid pro is what I use. Its great! Check it out on the market. If your phone is rooted, there is an option to move the app to /system/app which would make it survive a full system reset
<

So many blokes are here saying that something or the other is great! But do we have any one who can confirm that he was able to atleast trace his lost mobile leave alone getting hold of the phone again.

I'm sure there are quite a number of cases wherein your mobile may actually get in hands of someone who is not so mobile literate and by the time he tries to sell it off we can trace where the mobile is.

Back