Which free antivirus do you use?

Which free ANTIVIRUS do you use on a non genuine OS ?

• Total voters
Quick Heal [trial]

I like it because if he detect any virus first he try to Quarantine,then ask for user to take any action.Rather than straight Delete ,and banging lots of vault voice
indifferent14.gif

It Has to be Listed
cursing.gif

Quick Heal i have heard is very good but trial version lasts for how long ? is there any trick to revive it to trial version again and again ? i dont want to use the method of installing again and again

Desktop, Laptop & netbook are running Trend Micro Titanium Internet security 2012.

HTPC is using MSE

Recently there was a free 1 year license for Trend micro security - i got the license also but unfortunately it does not support xp 32 bit SP2 - didnt have time to install a SP3 all over again
<

Quick Heal [trial]

I like it because if he detect any virus first he try to Quarantine,then ask for user to take any action.Rather than straight Delete ,and banging lots of vault voice
indifferent14.gif

It Has to be Listed
cursing.gif

How an Anti-Virus responds to a virus can be decided by the user by making the appropriate changes in the settings of most security related software.
<

avast... free version..

using it frm 2 years on multiple comps.. has realtime scans and threat alerts. its the best!!
<

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I use to get annoyed with avast sound when a threat was detected.....Warning! a virus has been detected!!

It was very funny and its suits a noobs.
<

Once I installed AVG and ran a complete scan.

Only 'virus' it found was its own installer exe and deleted that.
<

btw, I am using Avast free AV. No issues, no virus seen till now.

I had a 1 yr bitdefender genuine key sometime back but bitdefender gave me so many problems that i was forced to uninstall it. Using Avira free anti virus from then on with windows firewall.... i dont think i am infected in any way till now
tongu23e.gif

At last Avast seems to be the choice and has been going good for me till now except for 1 thing

as all of you suggested that you are using free version - i am using avast internet security version 7.0.1426 with 423 days license file
ohyeah.gif

A noob thing i did was tried updating the program version recently after that i got a message "ILLEGAL LICENSE" once or twice and i just closed the notification

the good thing is the license is still working
123.gif

Avira FREE AV since the past 4 years.

If you want to use a paid AV use NOD-32

Firewall if required = COMODO

Spyware blaster and Spybot for immunization and not running in background.

I love Avira. Simple and lightweight. And a very good detection rate. And it has a free version too. And if you look out, you can get licenses for the full versions too. They conduct giveaways almost every 3 months.

Back