Which form of martial arts is easiest/quickest to learn?

Party Monger

Skilled
Ok I need to know which form of martial arts is easiest to learn.

I know different people hav aptitude for different things which make them easy or hard depending on the person, but still would like to know your opinions..

Thanks in advance.

yea ...it depends on person to person ....and there is nuthing like easy or hard !!! U should like wat u r doing ...be it Taekwondo, Karate, Judo, Kungfu, or Muay thai !!!

I just want to know which is theoretically easier and where the hard work to effectiveness ratio atleast for a beginner is favorable..

And please stop crapping a serious thread..:mad:

A friend told me a few days back that chick's in his Krav maga class were super hot! :p
I'll be joining soon :D

thebanik said:
What other type of responses do you expect from a geeks inhabited techno forum???

Sensible replies?:no:
m0h1t said:
A friend told me a few days back that chick's in his Krav maga class were super hot! :p
I'll be joining soon :D

Where where? :eek:hyeah:
I hope they have a "save the girl from peril exercise :eek:hyeah:
Ok ok, please some usefull replies now? :tongue:

Party Monger said:
I hope they have a "save the girl from peril exercise
Yea they do, It invloves a girl kicking you hard on your nuts! :p

..well, I'm I lil worried myself :ashamed:

blr_p said:
So start by telling us what your motivations behind this are ?

Just thought knowing one is imperative..The world is not a safe place any more:p

Frankly, more self confidence, if you look at a guy, you have brains, he has brains, it gives you a psychologically higher ground to know that you can beat the shit out of him :rofl:

Besides, better to be prepared than sorry..I've met quite a few aggressive people in the last few months, and it seems like a good idea to know how to protect your self or to pack in a few punches if necessary..

All Martial Arts require a lot of time and practice and finesse to pull off moves. If you wanna learn quick I would suggest some self defense techniques which combine various martial arts such as Muay Thai, Karate and Grappling, If you want to learn something specific like Karate or Jiu-jitsu or Taekwando then you need to find an instructor who practices those arts.

Its not easy, there are a lotta moves and most of you're training goes into conditioning the body, trust me there is no way you can do a roundhouse kick without stretching...doing it over a hundred times to increase speed and power

So bottom line ..join a gym which has muay thai or kick boxing sessions, or go to a dojo or get an instructor who practices mixed martial arts.

Party Monger said:
Just thought knowing one is imperative..The world is not a safe place any more:p

Frankly, more self confidence, if you look at a guy, you have brains, he has brains, it gives you a psychologically higher ground to know that you can beat the shit out of him :rofl:

Besides, better to be prepared than sorry..I've met quite a few aggressive people in the last few months, and it seems like a good idea to know how to protect your self or to pack in a few punches if necessary..

Then it isn't really martial arts you want to know but more self defense.

If you want to know how to fight, learn to box or even kick box. No need for any fancy moves.

But the smartest would be to avoid any confrontation in the first place.

You could do that in many ways, it helps to have a confident air about you. Walk briskly etc with a straight back. See i doubt if you get into a fight it wil be just one guy it will prolly be more than one guy cos these fools are cowards to start with. What good will any fighting do you then ?

I always remember what a friend told me

"A guy challenged him to a fight, his reply was i got a cold" and he just walked away. the other guy did not know what to say :D

edit: lolz looks like this is a dbl post :)

zibalingz said:
All Martial Arts require a lot of time and practice and finesse to pull off moves. If you wanna learn quick I would suggest some self defense techniques which combine various martial arts such as Muay Thai, Karate and Grappling, If you want to learn something specific like Karate or Jiu-jitsu or Taekwando then you need to find an instructor who practices those arts.

Its not easy, there are a lotta moves and most of you're training goes into conditioning the body, trust me there is no way you can do a roundhouse kick without stretching...doing it over a hundred times to increase speed and power

So bottom line ..join a gym which has muay thai or kick boxing sessions, or go to a dojo or get an instructor who practices mixed martial arts.
I dont want any fancy moves, i dont want to impress girls with stupid moves, i want practical moves that can save someones ass if they fall into unwanted trouble..

blr_p said:
Then it isn't really martial arts you want to know but more self defense.

If you want to know how to fight, learn to box or even kick box. No need for any fancy moves.

But the smartest would be to avoid any confrontation in the first place.

You could do that in many ways, it helps to have a confident air about you. Walk briskly etc with a straight back. See i doubt if you get into a fight it wil be just one guy it will prolly be more than one guy cos these fools are cowards to start with. What good will any fighting do you then ?

I always remember what a friend told me

"A guy challenged him to a fight, his reply was i got a cold" and he just walked away. the other guy did not know what to say :D

edit: lolz looks like this is a dbl post :)

Yeah i know, challenging is one thing and coming after you is another..Reasons may be many, my motivation mainly lies in the fact that people around me seem to be trigger happy(in terms of picking up fights) and many a times it seems a better end to it would be to give them some..That is if the situation comes to that..basically right now, i want self defence..
But im sure self defence includes packing in a few punches and kicks so that you dont hav to defend your sefl from the same guy again:p

Party Monger said:
my motivation mainly lies in the fact that people around me seem to be trigger happy(in terms of picking up fights) and many a times it seems a better end to it would be to give them some..That is if the situation comes to that..basically right now, i want self defence..

How big are these ppl in comparison to yourself ?

Are these random ppl or the same types.

blr_p said:
How big are these ppl in comparison to yourself ?

Are these random ppl or the same types.

Random people/ Various sizes..no one in particular, but much of the city's attitude is turning this way.. I dont know how long can one keep their head down and keep the anger bottled, i dont think i'l be loosing control anytime soon, but incase i do, i want to make sure im not the one going to the hospital bed:eek:hyeah:

EDIT:- Off course I wont be facing trained assassins:p

blr_p said:
Which city's this btw ?

Let's say you win first time, is that going to be it or will they be chance of rematch ?

How am i supposed to know what a random stranger would do incase he looses his head..?:mad:

Can we get to the suggestions if you're doing running around the trees?:p

I'm not sure how hard you have tried to avoid the situation in the first place ?

Random strangers is lousy odds. You might get away today tomorrow you may not. What if they have a kinife ?

In this case what do you think is the smartest thing to do ?

For me its simple, relocate to a safer area.

blr_p said:
I'm not sure how hard you have tried to avoid the situation in the first place ?

Random strangers is lousy odds. You might get away today tomorrow you may not. What if they have a kinife ?

In this case what do you think is the smartest thing to do ?

For me its simple, relocate to a safer area.

Not possible,
i've actually avoided/totally ignored all situations till now..
This thread is going OT, i'd really like a few good suggestions on what type of martial arts/ self defense to train in..:D

Back