Which droid can 18K buy?

First the questions.

1. Q: Budget?

A: 18k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: None.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash. And it should be a brilliant shooter in night.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, Music (this should rock my socks off) and Calling. I have Ipad2 for other things.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim at all. And it should have a decent dev support for future updates.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: HTC One V

Then some blah:

I liked SE Ray, but it doesn't have an auto-flash it seems. Although it was available for about 13.5K on ebay. Also, I was considering an used iPhone 4G (16 GB) for 20K, but the seller wasn't coming down at all from 24k. You think I can get one in 18-19K?

Then, some more blah:

If there's a phone which can be had for less than 18K, better. Rest of the money can be donated generously to Mr. Jack and Miss. Bacardi foundation.

HTC One V.

If there's a phone which can be had for less than 18K, better. Rest of the money can be donated generously to Mr. Jack and Miss. Bacardi foundation.

<
<
<
<

And no Iphone 4. In Apple terms, its obsolete.

if you can shed 2 k more, you will have the option of Xperia Sola. Difference between Xperia u and Sola would be an added micro SD card option. I am not sure if U has the NFC tags option. If no, the best buy would be Sola. Comparison between HTC one V and Sola would be dual core processor. However, HTC has an advantage of Out of Box ICS.

Dude, I would recommend you to wait up a little and let the Galaxy S3 get released. Am sure the prices of S2 will decrease, and even now, you can easily get a barely used Galaxy S2 at a price point of 20k, that too within Indian warranty :)

Back