Linux Which distro for trying Gnome3?

viralbug

Skilled
Hello Linux geeks. :p
I'm not really a big Linux user. I just generally have some distro (mostly Ubuntu) as dual boot to my Windows 7 installation. It's basically just to play around for some time. I never get to use Linux much because I have to stay on Windows to play games. :p
Anyways, currently I wanna try out Gnome3 and wanted to know which is the best distro for it. I personally have always loved Fedora, it just looks classy and polished to me. :D Haven't tried one in a very long time so would like to try Fedora again.
With ubuntu going the Unity way, I dunno how well Gnome3 works on it? Also I'm kinda bored of ubuntu now. I'm open to try Arch Linux as well, I don't mind the difficult installation part. It's just that I won't be using this OS much so don't wanna take all the pain just for nothing. :p But it would be cool to look into it nonetheless.

So basically, fedora or Arch? Or any other distro?

^ Yeah that's what I'm wondering whether I should tinker around or not. :p

I think I'm gonna install fedora first. Will use it for a while and then try Arch linux after that.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

fedora 15 downloaded. :p Keeping a live pendrive ready. Will install it tomorrow afternoon.

Back