Which console would you recommend for me?

XBOX series S or XBOX series X for me

• Total voters
This thread is kind of in continuation to this one (no need to read that thread, just read this one)

I have decided to go for a console instead of a second-hand gaming PC for my budget, the budget being 50k max. I'm conflicted between the XBOX series S and series X mostly because of the way I'm planning to use the console. While I do have the budget to go for the series X, it doesn't seem ideal for me since I'll be playing on a 1080p 60 fps monitor and I feel like I'll be wasting its power (might upgrade to 1440p in the future). I've heard the series S is good for 1440p gaming so it feels like the best value for money console for me. While my budget does permit me to buy the series X, I also don't want to just spend it for no reason. Also, I don't really care about future proofing with the current console (1 year lifespan is fine for me).

The main question is, if I'm playing 1080p or max 1440p (No chance of upgrading to 4k), is the series S more than enough or should I go for the series X which will cost me +20k.
I won't miss the disk drive since I'm not planning on buying any disks (I'll mostly rely on xbox game pass). The low storage on the series S also seems fine to me as an average base model macbook user.
I'd love everyone's opinion regarding which console to buy. I'm also open to buying a second-hand console though I'm slightly skeptic regarding the quality of second hand consoles.

since you are inclined on xbox, PS with their exclusives are out of bound here. Personally, I'd pick a PS over Xbox anyday solely for their games.
given your circumstances series S would be a wise choice tho I am intrigued if your budget allows why not consider getting a 4k panel down the line
By the way suppose you game on your console for few months, do you think its quality would degrade?

I'm very pleased with my series S. Games look as good as I've ever seen them on my 1080p display. Unless you're really looking for deficiencies, I don't think you'll find many at this resolution.

Try looking for a used PS4 Pro with a bunch of included games. It has some of the best games released in the last two decades available on it which should keep you busy for a good while. I would personally pick a used PS4 Pro over a Series S most of the time. Moreover, if you're able to score a low firmware version, you can even homebrew it!

Back