which business unaffected by eCommerce,

Not necessarily. I am currently working on technology which will ensure that user is authenticated when making such purchases like of give finger print which is attached with your public profile like facebook page during alcohol purchase which can verify you age, and even determine if you are allowed to consume alcohol etc. (just an example, i work on the platform which can be used to make this and much more).

Doctors are also part of eCom now with Ola kind of apps which can deliver them to you on beck and call. Guess same can be made for lawyers and barbers. (a lawyer and a dcotor may not be business but a hospital or law firm is).

I've mentioned about virtual consultations in the first part, which aren't reliable. Are you ready to lie on the operation table for appendix or gallbladder removal without the doctor seeing you before personally ? I don't think, neither the doctors are comfortable that way.. It requires a generational change in mindset. Probably the next generation may be more intelligent (or dumb) enough for that.

Developing a technology is a different matter, it's implementation, statutory regulations will take much more time. We don't have any valid regulation for fall outs of virtual medical consultations till now. People are using it at their own risk.

Moreover e-commerce changes the way a product or service is marketed and delivered nothing else as of now .

Skilled professionals of any stream (medical, engineering, sports, research, performing arts) shouldn't be affected significantly by e-commerce.

Proctor is one place which I use when I have to look for Doctors, wont call it E commerce but yea stuff online has changed things.

I've mentioned about virtual consultations in the first part, which aren't reliable. Are you ready to lie on the operation table for appendix or gallbladder removal without the doctor seeing you before personally ? I don't think, neither the doctors are comfortable that way.. It requires a generational change in mindset. Probably the next generation may be more intelligent (or dumb) enough for that.
I didn't say surgeries or virtual consultation (if you did read my reply). There are doctors who come to you for basic check up and also ambulance facilities with paramedics who can take care of simple cuts and falls and stuff.

Yes eCommerce affects products and services and almost everything can be classified into either. Doctors, lawyers, etc professionals falls under service category.

I didn't say surgeries or virtual consultation (if you did read my reply). There are doctors who come to you for basic check up and also ambulance facilities with paramedics who can take care of simple cuts and falls and stuff.

Yes eCommerce affects products and services and almost everything can be classified into either. Doctors, lawyers, etc professionals falls under service category.
I live in a fairly modern city and I have yet to see such services being offered online over here. So, at this moment, I would have to disagree with you.

1.Private Nursing Home with Joint Out Door Clinic & Pharmacy

2.Non Branded Restaurant at good position / Indian Fast Food Center

I live in a fairly modern city and I have yet to see such services being offered online over here. So, at this moment, I would have to disagree with you.
Yes I agree to you, current many of the services are not in eCommerce space. They will be affected by it sooner or later.

Back