Graphic Cards Which brand should i go with?

Pernicious

Disciple
Okay guys, thinking of getting a 5770.
Please suggest me which make to buy, and the pro's and con's of each.
I have a 19' 1440X900 Samsung LCD, so this card will the best for me anything above will be probably a bottleneck.

Also, which makers has the best support? I live in Kolkata.
Lastly, I am still very confused about Sapphire's warranty, is it 3 years or 2+1 years? and which has best track record.

Thanks

Re: Warranty Woes

Mate give a meaningful thread name, in your case it should be like Want to buy GPU-requesting suggestion
And for your query go for brands like MSI, XFX etc.
AFAIK almost all brands provided 3 yrs warranty
(correct me if i am wrong)

Pernicious said:
okay but I am confused about sapphire's warranty how much is it? 2 years or 3 years? i am taking about parts warranty not labour only.
Sapphire is 2 years now, not 3.

okay, thanks.

And MSI normal one or hawk? I don't plan to OC, and I need a low power consuming card, as my rig is basically a download rig, which is on 24x7.

Pernicious said:
okay, thanks.

And MSI normal one or hawk? I don't plan to OC, and I need a low power consuming card, as my rig is basically a download rig, which is on 24x7.
Then for that go with a Sapphire HD 5670 Vapor-X edition / HIS IceQ edition HD 5670 ~ 4900/-, you can game at medium-low settings at most games and it will consume less power as well fit in smaller HTPC cases. Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 -1GB ( DDR5 )

If you want better performance go for the AMD HD 5750 (IceQ edition / Vapor-X edition) ~ 7000/- Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 - 1GB ( Vapor Edition ). The AMD HD 5770 might be a bit to big and noisy if you want it in a HTPC / 24x7 download RIG. For a Sapphire Vapor-X edition HD 5770 ~ 7700/- http://www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1279&category_id=33&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

Hope this helps.

5670 won't be enough mate I guess. I plan to play at high settings, not low at all. medium high is what I can settle for.

So now confusion, 5750 or 5770? also, I don't think so I will go with sapphire because of 2 years warranty.

^ go with MSI 5770 Hawk if you have a good PSU that can handle it. It costs only 400 bucks more over 5750. So, going with latter is not a good buy.

muzux2 said:
^ go with MSI 5770 Hawk if you have a good PSU that can handle it. It costs only 400 bucks more over 5750. So, going with latter is not a good buy.
It costs around 1k more than a 5750, Hawk costs around 7.4k, MSI 5750 6.4k, normal MSI 5770 6.8k

Yeah be wary though if you get a defective piece you'll face a problem that can't be solved for atleast three months, two months for card to heat up and die (as in my case) and then 1 month for RMA and reinstallation of card.

ALPHA17 said:
Yeah be wary though if you get a defective piece you'll face a problem that can't be solved for atleast three months, two months for card to heat up and die (as in my case) and then 1 month for RMA and reinstallation of card.
I didn't get you? are you telling not to buy the hawk?

^^No just cautioning you what happend to me, I would prefer if you take Sapphire OR HIS based card but in the end call is yours, just MSI will not be my first recommend. Go ahead with the HAWK, I got that when I RMA-ed my older MSI HD 5770 (after frying).

okay.....

Hey i have some more queries:

Should I take a new hawk for 7.5K or:

A) A sapphire 5770 with around 2+ years warranty for 4.5k'ish

B) A 5850 with around 2 years warranty for 7.5kish

My main query is that will be needing 5850 on a 1440x900 LCD? Will the 5770 not support the games 2 years down the line on this resolution? or the 4.5K sapphire deal sounds good?

Back