Car & Bike Which bike to choose under 1.5Lak with 150cc for cruising ?

Even today, I would buy the R15. I did plenty of 600km rides and I never felt that it was uncomfortable (including ladakh trip of 3000km). I would chose it over CBR150R any day.

I have unicorn 150CC model, and for city ride its been fine. Also its front wheel do tend to slip if front brakes are no applied in correct position. I did trips from Bangalore to maysoor on it, It was Ok for me, not issue as such(offcouse 400kms trip in a day will a bit tiring), as Unicorn have good and long seat. But somehow people see it as uncles bike :p .. Most of all it has been too much reliable. even after 43K kms, I never had any single issue on road except for 2-3 punctures.

Now coming to Fazer, I rented it in Coimbatore for a bike trip to Munnar(almost 700Kms in 4 days), and Man I loved it like hell. Its tyres are something else. even during rainy season(little wet roads) I was taking 90 degree turns at almost 60+ kmph speed in hilly roads, back tyre slipping a bit on many many turns(high speed turning) but will be firm on the road in fraction of seconds again. But it drinks petrol, I mean you will get atleast 10kms mileage less per liter then other 150cc bikes. I Know for sure that if it was my bike I would have had 10s of accidents for the same riding style, but obviously I would dare to push thin tyres bike to that length.

Have been using Pulsar 200NS for almost three years. Good for touring, have done almost 800KM(Bangalore to Kanyakumari) without any back aches and any other complaints. Its extremely comfortable at 120+. Gone are the days of brand pulsar with hitting SVC's frequently. I would request you to have a look at Pulsar RS200 which will give you relaxed riding with a pillion on highways as well as city rides. You ABS version as well. ABS would 1.30L+Taxes and non ABS would 1.18L+taxes.
I guess the road tax is 14% (http://rto.kar.nic.in/ Check Clause A where new vehicles is taxed at 10%).

Do have a look at RS200 on xBHP.
http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/31539-bajaj-pulsar-rs200-launched-rs-1-18-lakhs.html

Back