Which American store to buy laptop

pratikb

Skilled
Hi all,

I am in market to buy new laptop for sister in united states.

She has recently joined university in America and she needs laptop.

I have decided to buy dell for international warranty.

Problem I am facing is I have Indian credit cards (Hdfc platinum and sbi platinum).

I tried to purchase Toshiba r835p56 under Microsoft student offer and it failed saying I need to have American billing address and shipping address.

Student offer is free Xbox 360 4 Gb.

Now I got her bank of America account and debit card but that also is not working.

Where do I order her laptop as she needs it urgently.

So far I decided to buy dell professional laptop and have peace of mind with quality and after sales service.

She is going to be in usa for 2 yrs.

What you say guys.

This is urgent requirement and needs to be placed soon.

My question is where are Indian credit cards accepted?

Which stores accept Indian billing address and American shipping address.

Thanks all.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

How is that her bank account or debit card is not working. All major bank account, debit and credit cards are accepted. I am clueless on Indian credit cards. But I have personally bought my laptop from Dell using my Bank of America checking account. Any banking account is accepted as long as she has the account number and the routing number found in her checks. Also am 100% sure that it is accepted in the following store, so try these out:

1) Best Buy (Best Buy - Computers, Video Games, TVs, Cameras, Appliances, Phones)

2) CompUSA (CompUSA.com - Computers, Laptops, Televisions, Software, and Electronics from the All-New CompUSA!)

3) Dell (Dell)

4) Walmart (Walmart.com: Save money. Live better.)

5) Radio Shack (RadioShack - mobile phones, MP3 players, laptops, and more)

For stores like Best Buy, CompUSA, Walmart and Radioshack have your sister or yourself check the weekly sunday ads. Because you will get better deals. All you have to do is go to the website and find weekly ad. Enter your sister's city or zip code and have a look at the ads.

Thanks a ton.

Just called up dell.

That stupid guy was not even sure whether I can use Indian card with Indian billing address.

I will see those ideas you posted.

Thanks.

^ Well you can also try ebay.com,... But just make sure you buy from a reputed seller,... Also check to that he will ship anywhere in US and not just to Paypal Confirmed US address,... So you can pay using Paypal and get it shipped to any US address you want,...

Thanks for your inputs,

We managed to find same model r835p55 by Toshiba at much lower rate at staples under student deal.

It was 870 with taxes at Microsoft store and we found it available for in store pick up for 650 without Xbox.

so she is getting that one.

I also made amazon student prime account with free second day shipping.

Free for first 6 months and then 39 Usd .

So should be good.

I made amazon prime account with Indian credit card and us shipping and billing address.

Have not ordered anything yet.

I have high hopes that amazon won't be so strict with ordering with Indian card.

Lets see.

Dont know what to order.

Van you tell me some cheap deal to check.

Sorry for being lazy.

Thanks guys.

If you PM me your sister's location and also her requirements I can guide you to deals. I am from Denver but have friends in other cities also.

well,finally we purchased lenovo thinkpad t420 for 529 plus taxes and she got 100 usd visa prepaid credit card.

its having

1)core i5 2410

2)4gb ddr3 1333 ram 1 sodimm

3)500 gb disk (thinking of putting samsung 470 or crucial c300 ssd)

4)14 inch screen (must have for her)

5)esata and usb port total 4

6)fingerprint reader

7)dual pointing devices (something new for her )

8)win 7 home premium 64 bit (which we will update to ultimate under student deal of microsoft)

so far so good,

just wondering whether to get extended warranty,lenovo sells for 44 $ for depot warranty with usual turnaround time of 20 days

need to ask shop guys what warranty they give for extended warranty.

any insights on this?

very happy with deal...

Back