Budget 21-30k Which 27" 2K monitor for general use

bobbyprajan

Disciple
I am currently using a 22" FHD Dell IPS monitor which I want to replace with a 27" monitor. The PC is used mostly for reading documentation, watching videos and working in linux terminals. My budget is max 25K. Height & tilt adjustment and multiple inputs are needed. I have looked at several models like LG, Samsung, Philips, Viewsonic, MSI, Acer etc. Please suggest the best one for my requirements

I am currently using a 22" FHD Dell IPS monitor which I want to replace with a 27" monitor. The PC is used mostly for reading documentation, watching videos and working in linux terminals. My budget is max 25K. Height & tilt adjustment and multiple inputs are needed. I have looked at several models like LG, Samsung, Philips, Viewsonic, MSI, Acer etc. Please suggest the best one for my requirements
LG GL850 or 950 if 4k required!

For your purpose, I'd suggest using a 27" 4k display. You get to use 150% display scaling and text looks crisp. I'd suggest either https://www.amazon.in/LG-Monitor-FreeSync-Adjustable-Display/dp/B08K4L9MHM/ or https://www.amazon.in/Acer-Monitor-FreeSync-Adjustable-Speakers/dp/B08J921K8C/ . Both are height/tilt/pivot adjustable and have 2x hdmi, 1x dp.
For a comparison, my acer vg280k (4k) vs friend's acer xv272(1440p, not sure about model number), both similar sizes (28" vs 27").

Edit: If you're going to be using it on Linux, make sure your distro supports fractional scaling (needed for 4k 27" displays to render at 150%).

Attachments

• 20230925_164540.jpg
    20230925_164540.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230925_164648.jpg
    20230925_164648.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
If you're going to be using it on Linux, make sure your distro supports fractional scaling (needed for 4k 27" displays to render at 150%).
It will be almost exclusively used on Linux. Thanks for the tip, will confirm this now. Will this be a problem with 27" 2K monitors ?

It will be almost exclusively used on Linux. Thanks for the tip, will confirm this now. Will this be a problem with 27" 2K monitors ?
27" 2k should be fine at 100% scaling, but as I've posted above, text clarity will be far worse (imo). If your distro does support fractional scaling and you have the necessary ports to run 4k60 (hdmi2.0, dp1.2), go for 4k, you clearly have the budget for it.

Using - Dell-S2721DGF and I cannot recommend it enough. Excellent stand with height and tilt adjustment, multiple inputs and USB hub and it looks jaw droppingly good.

Acer XV272U V3 - 18k - is cheaper than competition, should be more than enough for normal use. Stand seems the same as the older XV272U/XV272U KV, so check its reviews. Wait till 9/10 Oct for sale.

I won't recommend LG IPS gaming monitors because of lower contrast ratio. But if you have used inferior panels earlier, won't be an issue, but is priced higher. Do not buy M27Q rev 1.0 because of BGR sub-pixel layout (not good for text clarity). M27Q rev 2.0 has RGB like all others, so is a good option if you want a KVM switch.

Back