Android Where to get OnePlus 2 Broken screen repaired?

Deb0

Disciple
Hi guys need some help to decide which one of the following is the best solution in terms of vfm.

Recently i broke my OnePlus 2's screen, but everything is working fine in terms of touchscreen functions. Did some research and i understand that whatever is broken u have to change in full (touchscreen + LCD digitizer).

1. Visited an authorized service center of OnePlus in Kolkata and they quoted me 11.8k
2. I live in Kolkata so i visited the street repairing shops in Chadni chowk and some of the shops told me they can do the job for 4.5k to 5.5k
3. I can buy the above mentioned parts from alliexpress or ebay and install it locally which will cost me between 4 to 6k.

Now 11.8k is too much as on the price i can get a new phone this days but if i do it locally or buy the parts online and fix it. Will i get anywhere near quality of the original ones? So my biggest dilemma is should i gamble with the local repairing shops or go for authorized service centers ?

Please anyone encountered such problems and have repaired it locally if could share their experience it will be a big help. Thanks in advance.

Err. I tried installing broken nexus 7 screen from aliexpress and I got a dead display unit for the first time. Complained to aliexpress and after jumping through hoops and much frustration, the seller sent another display unit. Second display unit worked fine.Whole process took me 3 months.

In the end, I say get it repaired from local shops in chandini chowk.

Thanks guys for the replies. I opted for the local repair, they also gave me 3 months warranty on the screen.

Thanks guys for the replies. I opted for the local repair, they also gave me 3 months warranty on the screen.
Do you notice any difference in screen quality ?

visibility outdoors etc. touch sensitivity.

You've not got an original screen in there.

Sorry guys for late reply. They charged me 5.2k and they are saying its an original replacement screen. In my experience the screen is really good & i felt no difference, touchscreen is working perfectly too. Did all the lcd test (*#808#) most of them passed but i will say frankly dat i dont have much knowledge about those test.

Now about the problems, first of all they told me the replacement will take 30 mins and they did all the stuff in front of my eyes as i insisted. When the guy first gave me my phone with the new lcd just to see how it looks but the work was not complete. The display was fine but the touch was not working so he gone back to the drawing board and took some time then he told me the lcd they used is faulty and i have to come next day as it was already 9 pm and he dosent have any other replacement. I was very disappointed seeing that it failed pretty badly and i had to leave my phone to their hand but i had no other options. On their defense the guy was dealing with OnePlus 2 for the first time.

Next day they gave me my phone and everything was working and looking good. I gave them the Glass screen protector which i bought 2 days prior of the breakage but didnt made time to install it :( The guy installed it fine and didnt charged anything. So i was about to leave after all the checks, suddenly the back button was not working. After some inspection from their side when the guy gave me back saying its working now, its not working again. Then he opened the phone again and had to do all the stuffs from beginning. After 1 hr wen he finally gave me the phone its working with some hiccups (9/10 times it was working). He told me to use the phone for 1-2 days which will fix the problem according to him and if the problem still persists then i should come again.

Now after 2 days the back button is pretty satisfyingly working, the problems is the back button and the menu button is changed and its kind of small from the original ones, so the point of contact for the back button is pretty small which i'm yet to adjust (i'm posting a pic which will give u the idea what i'm talking about). They told me this changes are official and the authorized service centers are using the same screen with those buttons. They also showed me a serial no./code no. on the back of the new lcd which almost identical to my original lcd leaving few digit at the last.

Another problem i faced is now the gestures are not working all the time, specially after i did all the lest test with *#808#. Can anyone tell me how the gesture works ? Could i have mess the gesture sensor wen i did all the test and calliberation ? When its not working i had to restart the phone and its working again.

Summary, the quality of the screen is really good and it seems very original and the touchscreen is working like a charm. All the sensor, outdoor visibility is same as it was before. The only issue is the back button which is 9.9/10 fixed now and the gesture problem which i mentioned above. @blr_p

@karankapoor @Striker10

The shop is A2Z Solution and its a proper repair shop not like those in chadni chowk. The shop is located opposite of South City. At the time i was their, a guy came with a nexus 5 broken screen and they quoted 3.5k. Lots of customer with their iphones and they seemed pretty happy, they also repair laptops. I would say the experience was not bad not very good in my case and i think the problem was the shop handling OnePlus2 for the first time. They gave me a bill with 3 months warranty, written in the bill and the guy who handled my phone told me he will fix it even after 3 months if its that back button issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20160428_023846.jpg
    IMG_20160428_023846.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 207
Summary, the quality of the screen is really good and it seems very original and the touchscreen is working like a charm. All the sensor, outdoor visibility is same as it was before. The only issue is the back button which is 9.9/10 fixed now and the gesture problem which i mentioned above.
Good review.

How is the fingerprint sensor ?

The shop is A2Z Solution and its a proper repair shop not like those in chadni chowk. The shop is located opposite of South City. At the time i was their, a guy came with a nexus 5 broken screen and they quoted 3.5k. Lots of customer with their iphones and they seemed pretty happy, they also repair laptops. I would say the experience was not bad not very good in my case and i think the problem was the shop handling OnePlus2 for the first time. They gave me a bill with 3 months warranty, written in the bill and the guy who handled my phone told me he will fix it even after 3 months if its that back button issue.
Over all its seems you had a good experience. These places if they are good are better than service centres as the peopel there work with different kinds of devices and are more resourceful.

@blr_p Thanks bro. Just tried to explain to those who might go through this problems in future (I hope not). The fingerprint sensor is working better than before. Its funny but its true :D

Yea the guys are really good and well behaved and yea they seemed lot experienced and i saw like 6 types of different handset they delivered in my short stay.

Back