Where to buy Original SE Phone battery ?

raksrules

Elite
The battery of my trusty w800i is not giving the backup as it used to (for obvious reasons). I have to charge it daily inspite of almost no calls made at all and just 2 Hrs of music listening. Rest of the time the phone is in standby mode.

Where can i buy a brand new *preferably original* battery ?
Is it only available only with Sony showrooms ?
How much would it cost ?
Any online trustworthy market place ?

I found a battery that can fit in w800i at a best buy store here selling for approx 700 rupees...but it was not original sony ericsson, some custom brand selling batteries for all phones, worth taking the risk ?

I am too interested in getting an original battery for K310i....for which the Sony site says the battery is discontinued. BTW, I am never buying a SE phone again...spares are so difficult/expensive.

i guess the sony w800 uses BST-xx so something similar.

I was looking for a new battery for my k750 about two months, and the sony showroom had it in stock. price. 1435 :p

i ordered one from dealextreme for about $5, and till date it is giving almost the same backup as orginal :)

^^ Deal extreme battery giving good backup...really kya ??
I may then opt for that. Can you give me the exact battery name
Actually there is game paused on my phone (in minimized state) and dont want to loose that score so i am not turning my phone off :ashamed:

I checked newegg china website and found one for 56 RMB (around 400 rupees) and asked their customer care and they said it is original.

There is a OEM battery on deal extreme for $2.58 but i am little skeptical about it.

Around one year back I wanted to buy one (BST 33) for my K550i. Visited the Sony store several times and the owner was telling spares are in short supply and he will procure one for me at the earliest. Finally fed up with my visits, he removed one from a new phone and gave me and took the old one. When I asked the amount to be paid he said he is giving it as warranty replacement though one year had elapsed. Then only I remembered that at the time of purchase he had promised one year extended dealer warranty.

raksrules said:
^^ Deal extreme battery giving good backup...really kya ??
I may then opt for that. Can you give me the exact battery name
Actually there is game paused on my phone (in minimized state) and dont want to loose that score so i am not turning my phone off :ashamed:

in office right now. will post link in evening

Dealextreme original replica battery is good most of the times but the only worry is exploding battery which sets me off. I used one on an old nokia 3315, gave good backup but still bought original nokia one as it was cheap for about 600 bucks

I think i will go ahead with the newegg offer. Cost wise it is expensive than the dealextreme but since they claim it to be original i am inclined towards that. There are other replica batteries also on newegg but they are like half the price so not opting for that.
Waise i did read the user comments on the site and then only decided. ;)

Back