Mac OS Where to buy Apple Care Protection Plan for MBP 13"?

BikeAdvice

Disciple
I am looking to extend the warranty of my MBP 13" for another 2 years by buy an AppleCare protection plan. Any idea where to buy it?

Er, if you have a CC, you can buy it via amazon AFAIK (I wouldn't trust eBay with Applecare plans TBH) Or just go the normal way and buy it at any Apple Premium Reseller (Imagine, iStore, etcetera)

I 'think' the Apple Care has to be bought in the coutry of residence? So Amazon might not work if you actually need to use it? Not sure.

deepakvrao said:
I 'think' the Apple Care has to be bought in the coutry of residence? So Amazon might not work if you actually need to use it? Not sure.

No such thing. All AppleCare is, is a printed code which you need to enter on the apple support site via your Appleid and your Macs S/N.

It is available for 11k from Apple authorized resellers in India. I had inquired this with Parametrix in Chandigarh last month.. Considering the price is 250 USD + tax in the US, 11k seems very reasonable..

Buy it from an official local apple shop as they will give you the bill of the purchase that you have bought it officially. I had ordered two apple care warranty packs from ebay for me and my friend my warranty could not be extended while my friend's warranty was extended. I had called up apple and then they told me to give a bill for the apple care which i did not have, but i told them it was a gift still nothing could be done.

So long story short, buy it locally and officially i recently purchased for my MacBook Pro'13,it cost me around Rs.13470. Don't go to save a few extra bucks and buy from amazon or ebay.

12k for years ? Does it cover accidental warranty such as Dell has ?

12k seems nice price compared to Dell XPS, which one has to pay 15k for two years

@avi i don't know about accidental warranty but if your laptop die's in the last few day's they will sure replace it with a newer model, which dell may hesitate to do it, plus you have to call up dell and file a complain, in apple's case just go to the service center like a boss and give it to them for RMA.

^thanks for replying :)

Indeed one has to call Dell & complain and also it takes 7-10 days to process, but they replace lappie [did mine & even my bro's].

APP doesn't cover any accidental damage. It is just a normal warranty and one should buy it since the cost of replacement for any Apple parts will be higher than APP.

@sbhas2k I got to agree with you on this point a new charger is around 4k that is almost 1/3 of the money paying for warranty. My MagSafe port was dead was in the first 6months of my purchase so they put a new MagSafe port and gave me a new charger too which was in all 10k+.

Purchasing Apple care is a one time investment and it will not go to waste and MacBook's do give problems after 2+ year's.

Back