What's your seed ratio in BT ??

Blade_Runner

Skilled
A general poll for all BT users, how much do you seed ?? ;)

I generally try to seed till 1:1 on most trackers that i download from. In special cases i seed until someone has a complete copy and there are no seeds arnd. :)

Others :)

I upload 350mb for every 1gb downloaded :devil: .That's because, I don't get good good upload speeds as much as the downloads...

As blade does, i too sometimes what till someone finishes the copy.

Between, in India, we all have slow internet speeds, so ppl download for a long period of time, so after they finish the downloads, they finish the thing and don't seed...

Also when we download these desi stuff, then ppl (the peers) too may be of the same local location as we are, and in that case it's good if we seed the file.

In case we do other stuffs, there is no need to seed as there may be many seeders to do the job who have very high bandwidth (T3 line).

most of the times i end up uploading more as i am never on my PC when downloading and SIFY upload speeds are damn good. reaches 10KBps. and i dont cap my uploads as download speeds dosent seem to be affected on SIFY.
I ended up uploading 1.2GB when i was downloading Longhorn 5048.

my download speeds are around 13-15 kBbs while upload is 15-17 so usually end up uploading more than i download as well ;) if i dont see too many seeds and if theres nothing else in my queue i leave it to seed

drgrudge said:
Others :)

I upload 350mb for every 1gb downloaded :devil: .That's because, I don't get good good upload speeds as much as the downloads...

As blade does, i too sometimes what till someone finishes the copy.

Between, in India, we all have slow internet speeds, so ppl download for a long period of time, so after they finish the downloads, they finish the thing and don't seed...
I hope u know that certain sites dont allow people with low upload ratios to use their trackers ;). But neways i think its good to seed till a fair 1:1 ratio so that way no one ends up loosing anything.

bluediamond said:
may i know wats this seed thing!

What is a seed?
A computer that has a complete copy of a certain torrent is called a seed.

What is seeding?
Once your client finishes downloading, it will remain open until you click the Finish button (or otherwise close it.) This is known as being a seed or seeding. You can also start a BT client with a complete file, and once BT has checked the file it will connect and seed the file to others. Generally, it's considered good manners to continue seeding a file after you have finished downloading, to help out others. Also, when a new torrent is posted to a tracker, someone must seed it in order for it to be available to others. Remember, the tracker doesn't know anything of the actual contents of a file, so it's important to follow through and seed a file if you upload the torrent to a tracker.

Hope that answers your query! ;)

Well..it depends...
generally...i upload more than I download..
for smaller downloads, i make it 1:1
for larger downloads (if I'm lucky), I stop seeding as soon as my download is done :eek:hyeah:

so..it basically evens out..u can't call me leecher ;)

d/l-1
u/l-0....
1:0 :eek:hyeah:
:tongue:
without speed loss.
Ok nothing to brag about. thankfully there aren't many guys like me or the n/w will get killed.
But when i do seed, i seed original stuff i upload and make it available for others. when i leech, i leech fully.:bleh:

(and plz no requests on how i do it.. i am not gonna tell)

6KBps on dialup... thats impossible.
What do you connect at. Cos you usually do so at 44K.. and thats about 5.5KBps speed. even if you leave out the u/l part, its still impossible. 12 is unthinkable.. unless there is a hacked d/l u/ ratio. What client u using?

ok.. sorry you said 'b' so thst bits right? then its ok(infact then its too low for dialup. you should get 30Kbps.d/l

Well dialup users cant do much. Specially if you are using hourly schemes unlike MTNL's unlinited internet facility. Its too expensive for dialup users.
There are leacher clients but many sites have banned them anyway. Also if you cap your upload to anything lower than 4KBps then many times you wont get proper download speeds as peers things you are leecher and high speed seeds close the connection for you.
In all if you give you get. Thats the moto of Bittorrent and thats how it should be.
The faster option for Dialup users is IRC. I used to get more reliable downloads on IRC when i had dialup.

SuperNova said:
6KBps on dialup... thats impossible.
What do you connect at. Cos you usually do so at 44K.. and thats about 5.5KBps speed. even if you leave out the u/l part, its still impossible. 12 is unthinkable.. unless there is a hacked d/l u/ ratio. What client u using?

BitComet :hap2:

Well it shows 6kb/sec so i get roughly about 20mb downloaded in an hour time

funkymonkey said:
Well dialup users cant do much. Specially if you are using hourly schemes unlike MTNL's unlinited internet facility. Its too expensive for dialup users.
There are leacher clients but many sites have banned them anyway. Also if you cap your upload to anything lower than 4KBps then many times you wont get proper download speeds as peers things you are leecher and high speed seeds close the connection for you.
In all if you give you get. Thats the moto of Bittorrent and thats how it should be.
The faster option for Dialup users is IRC. I used to get more reliable downloads on IRC when i had dialup.

well on bsnl bphone unlimited plans torrent is actually pretty good.
And contrary to what people think, torrent usually gives good speeds too. Considering the maximum speed usually on dialup is 4KBps, you will end up getting 3-3.5 most of the time(same as irc)

Back