Whats with N80?

Hi guys. I have a 6681...thought N80 would be a great upgrade. But it is nowhere to be found in my area in Delhi. Searched nearly 20 shops; Nokia Priority and Hotspot to dingy cubicle stores, but no one has it. Is it really out of production, as they tell me, or are these sickos hoarding it or something?

Was really interested in the wifi + radio + 3.2MP cam combo :huh: . Now, the only thing close is an N91 8GB which I'm not too sure about firstly because of the hdd thingie and secondly the 2MP camera.

Any ideas? Should I wait??? Not looking at the right places???? :(

^^ But I was hoping to be able to use Skype or Fring on it. Don't think either exist for UIQ :(:no:

@ultra...m not too keen on buying online...20k is like my lifetime savings...wait..I have no saving; heck..its my bday loot :ashamed:

the trouble is N73 ME is way cheaper than the N80, has bigger screen, better speakers and better camera....

People prefer to go for N73 obviously..

Totally agree with ICe on this...n73ME has got all tht is there in n80..only thing missing is wifi..if wifi is important then get the p990i..:) Imo, the n80 is not available anywhr at the moment..:no: N as for n91me, the phone is good as a music device but apart from tht thrs not much going for it..as it has a pathetic 2mp cam..and the display just doesnt cut much ice anymore...:p

I heard it was available a lil' while back for 18K here in Delhi. So this price looks a bit high..If your current phone's fine, just wait a lil' longer mate, there might be newer phone coming soon.

PS: I got the N80 @ 28K for my girl back in August last year, and except for the poor battery life, it was completely worth it at that time! The screen will blow you way.. ;)

^^ Hey thats great AMD4Life. I just wanted some personal inputs too. Is the slider on her handset still going good? And secondly, does Skype/Fring things work well on it? TIA.

I've got an N80 and Fring works just fine on it. Sound quality is pretty decent, but I use it on a wifi connection, not GPRS. I don't use GPRS at all so I can't say how that is. But all in all, it's an excellent phone. Funny thing, but I also upgraded to this from a 6681!! And yes, the screen quality is bloody awesome!!

Yippee...finally got a pearl black one. Thanks everyone for help. Btw what are the firmware versions u guys are using...mine is V3.0617.0.6, 3-5-2006

Back