Video what's the problem with the TV(Sony EX400)?

gamingstill

Game Developer
Adept
Its a Sony EX400 LCD TV around 1.5 yrs old(out of warranty) with dealer warranty.Now there's lot of color issues with it.

Is it a problem with the Input board?

What's the best way to get it repaired?Sony or from somewhere else?

Pics -> :S

205r4hi.jpg

xnsund.jpg

2i08bur.jpg

2z6b0cp.jpg

waiting for helpful comments. :)

Well its hard to tell which part is gone but its mostly the electronics in the panel thats gone and no manufacturer in india can repair it they just replace the panel.

See I have Samsung monitor which just produced wave type (your 2nd picture) when it was at other place but this wave/lines gone as soon as I change the place. So if possible you can at least try to change the place if no help than ... adder already explained it :(

Emperor said:
See I have Samsung monitor which just produced wave type (your 2nd picture) when it was at other place but this wave/lines gone as soon as I change the place. So if possible you can at least try to change the place if no help than ... adder already explained it :(

the waves in the 2nd pic is due to different refresh rates of the Cam and the LCD. :p

Today i got a quote of 7.5k from someone who repair LCD's and the real culprit is the input panel(where all the connectors are placed etc etc). Everything worked flawlessly after replacing it but he is only giving away 7 days testing warranty.

What to do? :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

adder said:
Well its hard to tell which part is gone but its mostly the electronics in the panel that's gone and no manufacturer in india can repair it they just replace the panel.

but its a dealer warranty product and btw even that is over. :(

Once similar thing happened to my desktop monitor and the fault was with the power chord. Check the same by replacing the power chord. That my be simple to do.

rajndra said:
Once similar thing happened to my desktop monitor and the fault was with the power chord. Check the same by replacing the power chord. That my be simple to do.

after replacing the input board it worked flawlessly.

Back