Whats the big deal in Demonoid

p_sam21

Adept
I got reg on demonoid during those free reg period. While going through the site i could not understand y the heck are people after that tracker. Agreed it has vast number of torrents, but then u can get almost all of them on any public torrent tracker. Only coz the reg is closed, ppl r crazy about it. I use pvt tracker only for desi stuff. For everything else any public tracker is enough.

Thanks for your thread.... I joined Demonoid after reading your thread as registrations were open.... now can u tell me how to sort by leachers once u search in demonoid... I cant seem to find it.

The reason why I prefer private trackers like demonoid is that the stuff is reliable. You get to read comments about the torrent you are about to download from different users, so u know what you are downloading.

Plus as SharekhaN pointed out, you get the stuff that you are looking for :hap2:

Demonoid while being one of the best trackers out there just can't compare to DC or IRC in terms of rarity, there's a 99% chance you will find what you are looking for.

IMO I wouldn't look towards torrents if I am searching for rare stuff :/

Well I donno why but even I was desperate to get a demonoid account & luckily I did get it very recently..

But now I don't understand what was the reason of my anxiousness to get a demonoid account..I mean I could also d/l previously from the demonoid tracker & so can I now..How has this helped?

Any gyaan would be much appreciated.

Nikhil said:
where would you look then ??
eDonkey or DC++ are probably the best if you're looking for rare stuff.
Download speeds with these clients leave a lot to be desired sometimes as users have very huge queues and people get a limited amount of time to download before they're sent back in line to wait for their chance to start downloading again in edonkey. I once spent a whole week getting a 230mb anime file :mad:
IRC is also a good option but with so many servers and channels you better know where the file you want to download is at or you'll be looking for a long time. Speeds on IRC however are pretty good most of the times if you have the patience to wait in queue :)

AMD4Life said:
Well I donno why but even I was desperate to get a demonoid account & luckily I did get it very recently..
But now I don't understand what was the reason of my anxiousness to get a demonoid account..I mean I could also d/l previously from the demonoid tracker & so can I now..How has this helped?

Any gyaan would be much appreciated.
I guess it gives you the ability to look through all demonoid torrents as not all of em are uploaded to public trackers.

E-mule, connected to one of its servers with the most files is the best p2p proggie for the rarest of the rare stuff. Downside, its way too slow on indian isp's.

As for demonoid, its a semi-open Bittorrent community. Those who are members there have almost infite ability to spawn invites! If not all, but most of the files from demonoid make it to torrentspy and other popular public trackers.

But it does come to Demonoid first, and plus there's some content that doesn't make it out. like comics.

IMO demonoid has the biggest torrent database....but now its become more of a public tracker.

Most importantly, you dont need an account to download from that site.....neither does their tracker maintain your ratios...allowing you to leech to your hearts content

yaa i agree with who mentioned tht demonoid have a very large number of torrents & even more than public tracker .. u can find various version of the torrent u r looking for.

hey i have a question...i'm new to the funda of private trackers and stuff(like demonoid)so my question is this.....are speeds any better????????

demonoid has one of the rarest collections vailable

ur so very right!! private trackers always have a colection of torrents that are not released to the public.

was just surfing demonoid now and found an old classic tv series - To the Manor Born. :)
will download it as soon as i get time

IMO Demonoid is hopeless....(oops!! atleast for ME )....coz 1st i am using GPRS....so i get max 25Kbps..and that too during nite time (11-7)...during day it lurks around 10-15Kbps....and wen i leech smthing using Demonoid,its worse..!!

5-6 Kbps during nite and some 1-2Kbps during day....

I have stopped using it..!!
Thats why am lookin for some other Tracker which has more percent of seeders...and its better than demonoid...!!

Once i was downloading a 100MB file with some 250seeders and 11leechers and the best speed i was gettin was 7Kbps

PS: I understand speed depends on Seeders and leechers, so pls don argue regardin that;)

btw..Any idea on good Private Trackers..!!!

torrentspy is slow and takes time to download. Demonoid is reliable and it has more torrents to search from. i guess people want it because they want at least a torrent site. or maybe they can't wait till friday.

i have a demonoid account also, but i dont even use it. its worthless to me since i have been using torrentdamage, torrentleech, pt, and much more. well, at least its a private tracker unlike isohunt, torrentreactor, or torrentspy

Back