Camera What is good place to buy DSLR in bangalore

ajay_ban123

Disciple
Jan 23, 2009
Hi,
I want to buy a Canon 500D(with 18-55 IS lens) in Bangalore, Any idea what is the best price for it(with OR without bill) ?

Is there anyone else who can offer competitive price compare to Jayesh in bangalore?
How good is it to buy it without bill & warranty from any reputed vendor

thanks,
Ajay

viridian

Disciple
Jun 26, 2008
ritesh.posterous.com
Try Foto Circle, I forget the address but you can give them a call at 9845022654. GK Vale is another option but I assume it would be more expensive there. Foto Circle sells both grey market as well as white market stuff. All the best! If you can spare the money I would recommend you try out the 40D (It has been superceded by 50D but it is still quite nice and you might get it cheap), which is a nice camera

Hellwrath

Disciple
Jun 16, 2010
Nope, no website as such. And no point calling him, leave him a message and you'll get a reply with quote at 1 or 2 AM :D. Very nice guy though, it's always fun to meet him :). He has offered me a lensbaby at a lucrative price, let's see when I get time to check it out.

Hellwrath

Disciple
Jun 16, 2010
ashvarybabul said:
BTW, does he do any shipping work for the stuff..??
Think so, because he had told me once that he had to send some stuff to kolkata. Leave him a message and ask him if he will ship to Jabalpur, he might.

ashvarybabul

Adept
Aug 19, 2009
Jabalpur
www.flickr.com
Next time you go there plz share a idea of making a website too... Outsiders are also eager to see the DSLR celebrity..

BTW, yesterday I went to a camera shop and asked if he has a Circular Polarizer and he said what it is??

I said - a kind of filter..

he - achcha, to aisa bolo na ki UV filter chahiye...

May 10, 2008
500d price 35k with kit lens and 32k without bill i picked it up last saturday also he ships too just send him a sms. His new shop is near anand rao circle, near majestic

Hellwrath

Disciple
Jun 16, 2010
ashvarybabul said:
Next time you go there plz share a idea of making a website too... Outsiders are also eager to see the DSLR celebrity..

BTW, yesterday I went to a camera shop and asked if he has a Circular Polarizer and he said what it is??

I said - a kind of filter..

he - achcha, to aisa bolo na ki UV filter chahiye...

Ha ha, he can't. He's too busy for it :D.

If you want to see him, here's a photo of his, in his old shop.

Jayesh. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
rishabh.asthana said:
500d price 35k with kit lens and 32k without bill i picked it up last saturday also he ships too just send him a sms. His new shop is near anand rao circle, near majestic
What time were you there? I was there from 6:30 to 8:15 pm there.

ajay_ban123

Disciple
Jan 23, 2009
Just got another question guys, Is it really worth saving 3k by getting 500D canon without bill in 32k. How safe would that option be (in any case i am planning to buy from jayesh)?

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Nov 19, 2008
Bangalore
ajay_ban123 said:
Just got another question guys, Is it really worth saving 3k by getting 500D canon without bill in 32k. How safe would that option be (in any case i am planning to buy from jayesh)?
Same question here, anyone please?

ashvarybabul

Adept
Aug 19, 2009
Jabalpur
www.flickr.com
ayanavish said:
Same question here, anyone please?
If the diff b/w bill+wrty and gray is just 3k I feel like its not worth getting gray...

Better to go with bill and warranty since camera have many electronic parts (compared to lens) and a warranty keeps a backup and peace in my mind...

BTW, I feel like U can get more difference in gray..

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
Nov 19, 2008
Bangalore
ashvarybabul said:
If the diff b/w bill+wrty and gray is just 3k I feel like its not worth getting gray...

Better to go with bill and warranty since camera have many electronic parts (compared to lens) and a warranty keeps a backup and peace in my mind...

BTW, I feel like U can get more difference in gray..

Thanks babul :)