Your Android Keyboard ?

• Stock Google Keyboard

• Swiftkey

• Anything else ? Please share

• Fleksy keyboard

Results are only viewable after voting.

Futureized

Skilled
I am using SwiftKey Flow typing since a decade or more..
It used to be one of the best..
Bought some premium themes in past (all themes are now free and nothing for sale)

Keyboard used to be great/best until Microsoft took over and started fiddling, adding unwanted features (Bing, ai) and not fixing the core (
Word prediction, languages etc.)
Incorporating it's own login system killing googles login system, where your typing data and pattern was archived..

I am getting fed up everyday with wrong predictions and no way to add/edit/delete predictions which were easily doable in past.

I am considering a change, is there any better fee or paid alternative which syncs your typing style and remember your data

SWIFTKEY DATA PORTAL - https://data.swiftkey.com/manage-account

Last edited:
I am getting fed up everyday with wrong predictions and no way to add/edit/delete predictions which were easily doable in past.
With Gboard it shows the intended word, but autocorrects after I hit move on to the next word, which is driving me insane since I need to proof read everything after typinginstead of doing it on the fly.

And even though I've set the language as English UK, it has a lot of Hindi/Hinglish words predicted, especially names. These are not names from my contacts list, so the dictionary itself has it, with no way to remove.

The password manager is cool though, since it syncs to desktop Chrome.

Yewh.. SwiftKey user from a decade ..
It does have it's own login a/c from the beginning, and our personalized data is stored there. I never had any issues when I changed phones couple of times.
For me, no issues with prediction. I type, do not use flow much. And i dont fiddle with predictions. If its wrong I just correct it, next time, it predicts the spelling correctly.
I kept Bing thing off

Yewh.. SwiftKey user from a decade ..
It does have it's own login a/c from the beginning, and our personalized data is stored there. I never had any issues when I changed phones couple of times.
For me, no issues with prediction. I type, do not use flow much. And i dont fiddle with predictions. If its wrong I just correct it, next time, it predicts the spelling correctly.
+1
Using SwiftKey for around 8 years, having a separate account for SwiftKey login was quite handy for me when i was transitioning to Apple
Personally I think it has the best swipe typing as it is able to input custom words (read slurs) if the prediction engine is used to it
You can still delet predictions by long pressing and then there's delet
SMH

And even though I've set the language as English UK, it has a lot of Hindi/Hinglish words predicted, especially names. These are not names from my contacts list, so the dictionary itself has it, with no way to remove.
No issues with predicting names in my contact lists soo far.
I kept Bing thing off
I am addicted only to flow typing and since past 1+ years really fed up results. I switched to MS login 3 months ago and still no improvements, though my data seems to be exported properly.
With MS login my BING and other MS features (never used) are always on..

Biggest issue being, I have to proof read everything now a days and there are couple of mistakes always.
You can still delet predictions by long pressing and then there's delet
SMH
Did you meant in flow typing if any wrong word gets predicted, i should delete the prediction ?
In my case, the wrong word gets typed in email, this post, etc.
I have to delete that word manually, but the wrong prediction never stops..

IT is soo common with regular words like ""tomorrow, because etc. ""

Last edited:
No issues with predicting names in my contact lists soo far.
I meant it's showing Indian names NOT in my contact. Basically there's more unwanted words in the dictionary than the required UK English words, so the intended words get replaced by other words
-------
I just installed Swype from an old APK.
O. M. G.
This is what swiping/flow typing is supposed to be like! No fighting G's stupid "prediction"
Finally happy once again :D
I think I'll keep Gboard for managing credentials only, Swype for everything else. I don't really need cloud storage of personal words and all.

From 2010 till it lasted, Swype. Nothing came anywhere close in terms of efficiency, absolutely incredible word recognition. Then some nunace or whatever company took over and killed the best keyboard that was ever made for us swipers. Now using gboard, much better than swiftkey flow which has absolutely awful word recognition, but overall a poor one still. Most annoying thing about it is despite setting language to English uk only it keeps showing other languages no matter what. I'm told Google detects your region and somehow thinks we would appreciate native languages namely Hindi. Write now I'll be swiping the following on English uk keyboard : Yeh Google Wale poora pagal hai re yaar.
See? Flawless Hindi, on English UK. Lmfao.
Anyway, I wish Swype was still available. It made life so much better. Gboard is barely acceptable when you are relaxed, hell when you're stressed.

For tappers I assume swiftkey will be best option as they rely on predictive typing and and I'm told swiftkey is the best in that regard. No personal experience.

Swiftkey since 10+ years. It learns how I type and their suggestions are very accurate. Not worried about personal information as it is now owned by Microsoft. Theming is also a plus if you are into that.

Gboard either becomes better with very update or totally messes up itself driving me nuts!
Many a times I have observed it cannot even recognize pure english words and marks them in red even though its the official english dictionary word.
It cannot recall/suggest many stored words in fact I even doubt how it store in its memory.
I tried many other keyboards but I only stick to gboard due to its simplicity while others are too deep into customization and crap as if offering a girlish keyboard.

Wait ,i dont think google keyboard default is hindi layout?
Bro, I've set the language to English UK. Yet it is showing me Hindi words in dictionary: hum ko Hindi malum nahi <--- typed by swiping in "English" language :facepalm:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-28-21-01-21-258_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-28-21-01-21-258_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_2023-11-28-21-01-38-764_com.google.android.inputmethod.latin.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-28-21-01-38-764_com.google.android.inputmethod.latin.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 47
Blackberry Keyboard installed using apk. I think it has the same engine as Swiftkey and looks minimal and good. Can create own key layout. A lot of customisation options.

Anysoft keyboard is a great alternative for people who want an open source keyboard.
Supports most of the features of modern keyboards too.
Available on fdroid/github.
I use a modded version of this (it was my final year project at engineering).
It predicts my emotions and gives me monthly reports on mental health (not much accurate but works for me)

Keyboard predicts emotion?
Yes that was our ML project. We also modified the prediction engine to increase weight towards words used in good emotional state while making predictions when user was detected to be upset. It was a hit or miss though, and without a large training dataset we couldn't really test the emotion detection part. On our small dataset of 150K keystrokes within 121 users, it was nearly 98.4% for full feature set and 97.6% for minified feature set using J48 Decision Tree. (We did a comparative study with SVN, Naive Bayes and CNN). J48 gave us a simplified decision tree which we could then implement as if-else ladder in the keyboard which was pretty lightweight.

@n1r0 which swype version did you install? Please share link. Are you still using it, or moved to something else?
Gboard has completely pushed me on the edge with their regional language annoyance. Beyond hilarious that one is able to type flawless Hindi or other language while one has strictly set up their KB language as English.
Yeh logo ko mental institution me bhi jayga nahi hoga - typed flawlessly with English UK.

Back