What and where to buy a few things in the US.... Relative coming..

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
One of my relatives is coming from US.
Although I have purchased stuff regularly practically every other year from there but it's been usually either from ebay or Google..

This time I would like advise from you guys , about the following stuff, what models and from where I can buy them for cheap...
I ll buy and pay from here with his US delivery address..

1.. A preferably bluetooth dac with aptx, aptx hd, ldac, codec support with digital inputs as well as outputs along with analogue outputs.. Something like the fiio bta30 pro or similar but WITH REMOTE IF POSSIBLE
2.. A compact audio cd player (no harm if it can play dvd as well as bludays) but should be aimed at audio delivery...
3..copact audio discs, cheapest possible
4..a rpi cheaper possible

I ll add more items as soon as I am able to zero in on, he ll be travelling at 20th from there..

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Have a look here - https://slickdeals.net/

I usually stick to amazon US deals because of super quick delivery (get the free 30 day prime trial) and relatively easy returns.

Also a tip, buy in USD not INR because you'll end up paying FX conversion twice. If you buy in INR on international sites, one - the FX conversion fees is baked into the INR rate, and secondly - when the transaction hits your card you'll also be charged a Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) + GST. This is what I experienced earlier in the year buying off amazon. Not 100% sure if this is still happening.

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But since your relative is bringing stuff from the US, I can't help but think that maybe you would know. My friend is bringing some PC parts for me from the US. He has opened the seals and will claim it's for personal use. Should that be fine or is there something else he has to do to make sure he can avoid paying customs for the components?

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But since your relative is bringing stuff from the US, I can't help but think that maybe you would know. My friend is bringing some PC parts for me from the US. He has opened the seals and will claim it's for personal use. Should that be fine or is there something else he has to do to make sure he can avoid paying customs for the components?
That should do it, if he can bring them without boxes then it would be more or less full proof..
Ask him to put them in his check in luggage

Guys any US online store selling wiim pro at a discount?
I was gonna buy from Ebay @ 99usd but it just went out of stock, every where else on eBay and amaozn.com it's 149usd

Kindly give some pointers as I have to buy today so that it can reach my relative in time before his departure to India..
Thanks

The wiim pro, couldn't reach on time at the address of my relative , he had arrived here in India when the package was delivered to his address.. Things got stuck owing to huge huge christmas rush back there.

हाथ तो आया, पर मुँह ना लगा...

Back