Graphic Cards What amongst these is a better replacement for the hd4850?

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
Guys,

I need to rma my card as it's giving random bsod.. On inquiring about what card could i get as a replacement, i was told, i could get a refurbished 4850, but on further inquiry about a current gen card, i am offered a 6770 for 1k against my current card OR 6850 for 3k.. Also, i am assured of a full 3 years warranty on the 6770 or the 6850, whatever i buy.

So, guys, what is better a 6770 or 6850, as i will be upgrading to a 24" monitor soon. And will be playing at 1080p resolution.

Obviously, the 6850 is better, but here's the catch - I want the best for the amount.

PS: Spending even 1k for me is too :ashamed:.. So, please suggest the best bang for bucks. And asap,as not-gaming is frustrating :p

what is the brand that is offered to you?
How much did you pay for HD 4850?
if it is 7k then dont pay 1k more for 6770 as you can get a new one for 7k instead pay for 6850 it is VFM and currently it costs around 9.5K.
And also it is not enough to play some Games at 1080p high settings but it still has the power to play most games at 1080p and high settings.

Had bought the 4850 for 3.4k a year and half used, may be last year... :eek:hyeah: It still was surviving strong against all the games thrown at it, with decent fps on 1366x768 resolution! but... So, u mean to say that the 6850 makes more sense huh?

3.5K !!
that is a pretty good deal.

Hmm.
Now i definately think that it is good to go for 6850.
Mate you are getting HD6850 for 6.5 k !!!!
thats a awesome deal.
its like "saalo me eek baar" (once in a life time)like thing hah ha lol.

go for it eyes closed.

Orite... Darn! Just got a new job, "starting the career" thingy... And wont pay me any moolah to fullfill these gaming luxuries :mad:...

Back to Parents and all the stupid explanations to be thought of to explain them, why a graphic card is necessary for a PC... :p

Only if they agree, then the 6850 or Bro, please tell me that the 6770 will do..

6770 will do but u'll get lesser frames n lower details.. 6850 for 3k more is a golden opportunity keeping in mind dat u r gettin a 24" display soon.. u wont upgrade ur pc everyday so y not go for d bigger once only..

Thanks for the suggestions brothers... I'll surely give it a thought!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, want to know that, if i upgrade the screen after a month or two, will i still see substantial difference in the gameplay at 1366x768, considering the fact that at lower resolution, the cpu plays a major part than the gpu?

At that reso both CPU and GPU do almost equal amount of work... In terms of eye candy you will feel the difference, but frames rates would be marginally more than 4850, coz 4850 was a powerful gaming card during its era.

@^ Absolutely agree, it was a good card.. Well, so, at higher resolution is where the 6850 will really come into play, huh?

Orite guyz, time to leave for home! Although the job isn't paying for now, but has its own perks ;)

Will update over the decision made! Cheers and have a good evening everyone... :)

Update - Thank you guys. Since nobody ever mentioned the 6770... I am Ordering the 6850 today... :hap2: Will Update the process as i am expecting it in 2-3 working days...

Guyz, here's the new Card... Brand new with 3 years warranty... Wooh hoo... :hap2:

j0xv6t.jpg

65y980.jpg

Haven't unboxed it yet... Pics from Office:p

Damages: A kaput 4850 and 3K.. ;)

Its Sapphire... Guess, what just got a call from my "netwala", and my internet connection at my house too received an upgrade from 10Mb/ps 30Gb plan to 12Mb/ps 45GB plan... Wooh hoo.. :clap:

It seems a real lucky day! I could probably win a lottery today... :D

whoa at 3k damage u got 6850 and a hot chick on card.
And i only got MSI 6850 with no chick at around 9.5k . :p

Thats a very good deal .
Happy gaming. :)

Wish u were the girl in your dp.. I would have given you a like instead... :p

Thanx anyways, buddy :)

himanshuaieee said:
You lucky one!! Sapphire card are really good ones for ATI Radeon buys.

And getting it RMAed + a small 3k extra damage, noice!!

Happy gaming buddy :D

Yo, i got a Chick Pic... :tongue:

Thanx Bro, And Yeah! Don't be sad, Just remember, get a sapphire for the chick :cool2:

Nishu said:
whoa at 3k damage u got 6850 and a hot chick on card.

And i only got MSI 6850 with no chick at around 9.5k . :p

Thats a very good deal .

Happy gaming. :)

Back