Weird thing I noticed last week at my home

nsas02

Disciple
I live in a 3BHK house. I have 3 wall clocks totally; 1 on living and 2 on bedrooms. Last week I woke up and found the one in Living room was running slow by 10 mins. Then I remember I changed the battery of that clock just a month back, so it definitely couldn't have been battery; hence I thought it was the clock (Amazon one got as gift) that was going bad and I ignored it. Next day my father calls me and asks me to check the clock in his bedroom as it is running slow by 10 mins. I ask him since when, he says the day before - exactly the day when I found my living room clock running slow. I rush to the 3rd clock and I see the exact same behavior. It felt weird for me like how come all 3 clocks in a household suddenly slows down by 10 mins. I corrected all 3 clocks, it has been a week now and all 3 runs fine now.

It still feels weird, just thought of sharing with you all.

1715854936161.gif

Another behavior is, this happened only with analog clocks. I have a digital clock in my bedroom, didn't face this issue. Again, more weird.

Another behavior is, this happened only with analog clocks. I have a digital clock in my bedroom, didn't face this issue. Again, more weird.
Gives you much important clues to get started with the investigation. That the ghosts in question are tasteful classics, not contemporaries.

Scan your flat for antique stuffs. You might get some lead to work on.

Ask around if any of your family members recently purchased any old stuff from shady seller (like some baba or someone like that) or not.

Another theory: maybe the 'new' batteries you used are paranormally active. I suggest performing an exorcism on the batteries themselves.

@nsas02
Normal for analog clocks needing calibration or time adjustment, considering even temperature change can effect precision due to property of metal pendulum, gears, etc. Depends on manufacturing quality too.

Meanwhile regarding digital clock:

Probably related to the solar storm we've heard about recently. Something something earth's magnetic field solar flare power surge and boom, a slowed down clock.

I'm able to stop our analog clocks with a strong magnet so that's likely the cause here, though in your case it's not a complete stoppage of ticking, just a slow down but strong enough to affect all three clocks for the same length of time.

Maybe someone was transporting a large electromagnet overhead.

I live in a 3BHK house. I have 3 wall clocks totally; 1 on living and 2 on bedrooms. Last week I woke up and found the one in Living room was running slow by 10 mins. Then I remember I changed the battery of that clock just a month back, so it definitely couldn't have been battery; hence I thought it was the clock (Amazon one got as gift) that was going bad and I ignored it. Next day my father calls me and asks me to check the clock in his bedroom as it is running slow by 10 mins. I ask him since when, he says the day before - exactly the day when I found my living room clock running slow. I rush to the 3rd clock and I see the exact same behavior. It felt weird for me like how come all 3 clocks in a household suddenly slows down by 10 mins. I corrected all 3 clocks, it has been a week now and all 3 runs fine now.

It still feels weird, just thought of sharing with you all.
Do you have any employees like the maids or domestic helps who come daily to your house. I remember the employee at a friend's home cum office had done the same thing a few years back.. Just to avoid the daily scolding by the employer..

Do you have any employees like the maids or domestic helps who come daily to your house. I remember the employee at a friend's home cum office had done the same thing a few years back.. Just to avoid the daily scolding by the employer..
I have maid, but my clocks are hung high on walls. I don't think they can pull this off without anyone noticing.

Probably related to the solar storm we've heard about recently. Something something earth's magnetic field solar flare power surge and boom, a slowed down clock.
If it were the solar storm, then there would be widespread havoc. First thing to go will be radio/satellite communications so GPS, internet, etc would stop working

Unless this is a prank. The most likely answer is temperature changes.

Try this: if you have 2 wrist watches (non smart, which might update to NTP), sync them, wear one all the time and leave the other on a table. See how quickly the heat of your body causes them go out of sync.

Back