weird problem with yahoo id

Bhargav

Disciple
guy's,
I need help desperately .something is wrong with my yahoo id.even thought i am not signed into the yahoo messenger it show's me online and it is being happening since three days.i haven't even logged into the messenger and i am online to everybody and i cannot receive any offline messages from anyone.IT is driving me nut's I even tried chaning my yahoo passwd and did not work when logged into the messenger if i go invisible all the people see me as offline but if i log out of the messenger i am back online :mad:

so guy's plz help me out here

thankx

BTW, if you are online in Yahoo! and if there is a power-cut or your computer shuts off due to some problem and u are not able to logout, then it still shows you as online even though u are not! :mad:

but headshot....i dont think his power gets cut after he logs out himself....

it must be cause of the sms thing...u sur u havent got it enabled

thankx for the response.I have not got the sms thing enables coz if that was the case then there would be a status message saying "I am on sms".but this thing is even more weird .i have written to the yahoo guy's let's see what happens.

I remember this happening to me long back when i was on dialup.

The solution that worked for me:
Change Status to Offline to all.
Logout of messenger.

To keep a track of if u r being shown offline, add urself to the contact list. Once u appear offline to urself, u will be offline to all. After this, logoff.

Hope this helps.

It must b a prob with Yahoo! Messenger remove it n reinstall it n c whether it solves ur problem --had a sim prob reinstalling fixed it!!!!

Back