WDTV Live + Belkin-Wireless-802-11n-Router with USB?

Alright guys, I am in dilemna. I already have the following setup:

1) Optoma HD66 for living room + 84inch screen
2) WDTV
3) Seagate Go Flex 1 TB

Now in my bedroom I have an HTPC, Netgear N150 and I also have an N150 adapter. I am actually tired of manually copying movies to Seagate and attaching to WDTV and than playing in the living room. I want to go wireless. The WDTV wireless hack pages are gone, and I dont think the Netgear dongle I have is compatible with WDTV. In anycase, it looks for too complex and time consuming for me to waste my time and precious energy over. So that brings me to the simple question:

Can I buy WDTV Live + Belkin Wifi Router N with USB (Amazon.com: Belkin Wireless N+ 802.11n Router (Black): Electronics) and than access my Seagate Go-Flex over the network from WDTV Live without turning on my PC? I mean how does the network storage thingie work? Is the Belkin software enabling folder sharing by default and when I search through WDTV Live for network shares I would be able to see the share?
Do I need a seperate Wireless N dongle as well to enable this? Or would my Netgear N150 dongle do just fine? How is the quality when streaming video? Please advise if the investment of 10k will make my life easier. Or should I just stick with copying movies from bedroom and walking to living room?

You must be having the LIVE version of WD TV, right ?. Is there audio/video sync delay when handling MP4 files ?. I have the HD version and it suffers from this issue and there isnt any FW fix out yet...

You have to get a NAS router for this task. You will have to connect your HDD to the router and i think the router's inbuilt software will take care of the folder sharing part. I have not owned any NAS routers and this is only my guess.

And i also dont think the router's GUI page can be accessed via the WDTVLIVE. IMO first you have to configure the USB HDD properly with the router by pulling up the router page in your PC.

Hope that you will get a better answer from other members who own a NAS router.

Back