Warranty for old stock ?

wait, so for the old stock, they have different policy? can you provide the source?
What source you need? I have written replies from asrock/zotac/wd support that they won't consider warranty from invoice date if stock is too old (in my case it was around 1.5-2.5 years). That is why I stopped buying such "good deals" from flipkart unless they are something like psu with 10 years warranty so even for 2 years old stock I will still get around 8 years warranty in worst case scenario.

@hellblazer33 he is not joking.

Can we have some 'warnings' stickied on this thread rather than having the same discussion over and over again?

Any one getting an amazing deal on Flipkart should be prepared for no warranty on the item. It is no different than purchasing an old second hand item from the classified section at 50-60% of the cost. Only advantage is that you get an unused product. And yes, FK does allow you to return an item which does not work - even if it was an open box delivery

What source you need? I have written replies from asrock/zotac/wd support that they won't consider warranty from invoice date if stock is too old (in my case it was around 1.5-2.5 years). That is why I stopped buying such "good deals" from flipkart unless they are something like psu with 10 years warranty so even for 2 years old stock I will still get around 8 years warranty in worst case scenario.

@hellblazer33 he is not joking.
from the official webstite, i meant. missed that you mentioned written replies. All clearance sale.

Can we have some 'warnings' stickied on this thread rather than having the same discussion over and over again?

Any one getting an amazing deal on Flipkart should be prepared for no warranty on the item. It is no different than purchasing an old second hand item from the classified section at 50-60% of the cost. Only advantage is that you get an unused product. And yes, FK does allow you to return an item which does not work - even if it was an open box delivery
That's a ridiculously anti-consumer notion.

Warranties should always apply from the date of purchase. It is not the consumer's job to worry about old stock vs new, especially when there is zero mention of any difference in the listings. The fault lies with these companies for coming up with these bullshit conditions.

Not as per official replies from WD/zotac/asrock if stock is too old (say 1 year or more). Fk words don't mean a thing.
@chetansha
A. Warranty Policy
Samsung warrants to the purchaser of the Product in its original sealed packaging (“You”) that the Product is free from defects in material and workmanship, subject to the conditions stated herein, the limited warranty period, which duration is specified in section b of this agreement, beginning on the date the product was purchased in its original sealed packaging.

In the event that a valid proof of purchase is not available, the limited warranty period will be determined by the date of manufacture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Indian website https://www.samsung.com/in/support/warranty/ says from date of purchase for for other products but about memory / storage it is not explicit. Also overseas products = no warranty.

from the official webstite, i meant. missed that you mentioned written replies. All clearance sale.
but I am actually hearing this first time that warrantly starts from manufacturing date and I have purchased lot of tech products. Its the billing date is from the warranty starts. if its the later case then why would anyone buy from offline because offline stores have lot of old stock as they hoard alot

A. Warranty Policy
Samsung warrants to the purchaser of the Product in its original sealed packaging (“You”) that the Product is free from defects in material and workmanship, subject to the conditions stated herein, the limited warranty period, which duration is specified in section b of this agreement, beginning on the date the product was purchased in its original sealed packaging.

In the event that a valid proof of purchase is not available, the limited warranty period will be determined by the date of manufacture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Indian website https://www.samsung.com/in/support/warranty/ says from date of purchase for for other products but about memory / storage it is not explicit. Also overseas products = no warranty.

The above is valid for import date + max 3 months or if the seller has entered the sell date along with serial number and provided that to the manufacturer, WD do this. I don't think samsung do this too.

Legally you can get warranty from bill date if you are willing to go to consumer court.

If you are buying PC hardware in India, make sure import date is within 3 month of your purchase to be on safer side.

but I am actually hearing this first time that warrantly starts from manufacturing date and I have purchased lot of tech products. Its the billing date is from the warranty starts. if its the later case then why would anyone buy from offline because offline stores have lot of old stock as they hoard alot
The warranty from mfg date & not bill/purchase date apply only if difference between both is too much (usually 1 year or more) because in that case manufacturer can claim that product sold is not in "new condition" as no official direct reseller ever sell more than a year old stock unless explicitly allowed by the manufacturer. You can check this on amazon where no official seller will ever sell more than a year old stock (at least I never heard) but on flipkart the seller "retailnet/similar" are just big reseller but never official reseller of most pc component brands in India unlike say tpstech seller on amazon.

The above scenario also incl this, "valid proof of purchase" usually means "valid proof of purchase from an official source/reseller" but it is dependent on the company how strictly they apply it. You need to contact samsung support & provide them serial no. along with flipkart invoice to find out if samsung will give you warranty starting from purchase date or mfg date.

More pics plz, import date
Umm.. I have already mentioned this earlier.. The import date is July 2021. The box was sealed properly and the drive is working fine. I tried registering on Samsung's website and they are asking for the invoice to determine the warranty start date. Flipkart hasn't yet uploaded the invoice so I couldn't upload it.

Sapphire started this warranty starts from date of import but legally they are obliged to provide you with warranty from the day the product was purchased, company might try to shrug you off by giving excuses but if you legally push them they will be forced to help you. You can also try to see the warranty info on samsungs website since ssd have 5 years warranty so check what info the website shows

I also want to add that I have a lot of Samsung SSDs... One of them is 120GB 830 SSD purchased in 2011 from South Korea. All of the drives have been working fine and I am not really concerned about the warranty. Of course, YMMV...

I also want to add that I have a lot of Samsung SSDs... One of them is 120GB 830 SSD purchased in 2011 from South Korea. All of the drives have been working fine and I am not really concerned about the warranty. Of course, YMMV...
This was not an issue earlier but during corona pandemic years of 2020/2021 the QC of all ssd companies went down a lot & even samsung ssd models/batches from that period facing a lot of issues so having reliable warranty is more essential nowadays.

Warranties should always apply from the date of purchase. It is not the consumer's job to worry about old stock vs new, especially when there is zero mention of any difference in the listings. The fault lies with these companies for coming up with these bullshit conditions.
Correct but see my earlier post. It is actually more or less fault of flipkart/seller for selling more than a year old stock because official direct reseller will not sell such old stock without explicit permission from manufacturer. What flipkart is doing is basically misleading customers by selling a product with such deep discount giving impression of a "very good deal" without mentioning the reduced warranty which would make that "very good deal" price just normal/expected. As someone mentioned earlier, it is same as finding products with few months warranty remaining in classified section/FB groups.

Umm.. I have already mentioned this earlier.. The import date is July 2021. The box was sealed properly and the drive is working fine. I tried registering on Samsung's website and they are asking for the invoice to determine the warranty start date. Flipkart hasn't yet uploaded the invoice so I couldn't upload it.
Can you send me the samsung website url foe warranty purposes

Sure.. It is anti-consumer and in an ideal world you should get proper warranty on something you purchased. That is why I asked to have the warning in place. At this point I treat Flipkart as a grey market.

If you want full warranty and support, you have several other retailers to purchase it from. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I am not defending Flipkart. I only order from there when there are deals like this.

Is Flipkart wrong? Yes.

Am I still willing to hop on such deals knowing the pitfalls? Yes.

Everyone needs to weigh the pros and cons themselves and proceed based on their appetite for risk.
Can you send me the samsung website url foe warranty purposes

Back