Want to mod my xbox 360 - What to do?

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
Hello everyone. Nice to be a part of the community.

I am having xbox 360 which I bought in 2007 end (ya I know long back) and played it for a year or so and thn kept it unused for last couple of years. Few days ago took it out and started playing again (Gears of War first part :) ). I want to get the xbox modded now as buying expensive games is an issue with me. But I have no idea of how it is done so I contacted a few shops (palika bazaar) and they said they will do it but also said that I wont be able to play online. So please tell what type of mod should I get (if multiple ways are there) and is there any way that xbox live still dont ban me (though I know it will happen but no harm in asking experienced members here). Also if someone can recommend me a trusted guy from delhi/ncr who can do the mod, do tell me that.

Now second part is that I want to write my own games. From reading online, I got the info that I need a dual layer dvd writer (SONY 24x Dual Layer DVD Writer SATA BOX) and verbatim 8.5 dvd-r. But I also read a lot about LT, drive updates, jungle flasher, etc and was unable to understand anything at all (sorry for being such a noob). So any info on this also is welcome.

Thanks and Regards

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
If you have a dashboard lower than 2.0.7371, then I suggest you go for a JTAG mod, rather than the DVD drive hack. It should cost you around 2.5k and will be much more efficient for offline gaming.

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
Just check the dashboard version and it is 2.0.6683 so should I go for JTAG?

(how to know which cd drive is on my xbox 360 as I am unable to get from system info panel)

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
Just check the dashboard version and it is 2.0.6683 so should I go for JTAG?

(how to know which cd drive is on my xbox 360 as I am unable to get from system info panel)

Dude, then JTAG is the way to go. No second thoughts about it.
<

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
As the forum was offline for few days, I was able to gather more info about JTAG. Got someone from Palika who will do it (shop is a trusted one) but he is asking for 2k....now I dont know if it is a fair price or not; can someone tell me.

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
He was asking for 2.5 but after negotiating (and telling him that someone got it done in 1.5 from palika 7-8 months back, which is true) he came down to 2. But I think I can also negotiate it down to 1.5 hopefully
<

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
He was asking for 2.5 but after negotiating (and telling him that someone got it done in 1.5 from palika 7-8 months back, which is true) he came down to 2. But I think I can also negotiate it down to 1.5 hopefully
<

Dude, get it done, eyes closed. Even 2k is a kick-ass price for getting the JTAG done, provided it's done professionally.

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
Does JTAG make the xbox region free? Also how to play 2 dvd game on jtag box through its internal hdd?

And also does I need to download games specially available in JTAG console or I can convert games so that it can be played on JTAG'd box.

Dude, get it done, eyes closed. Even 2k is a kick-ass price for getting the JTAG done, provided it's done professionally.

Its a very big shop and trusted too. I think 2k is good price as you all are saying so.

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Region Free - Yes.

2 DVD - swap.xex plugin.

Google for your last question can't answer here.

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
This xexmenu, swap.xex comes default with jtag or i need to ask them to separately install them.

Please also tell me what else i need to get installed with jtag which dont come by default on jtag'ing as I dont want to run back to the modder to get needed things installed later, I should know them in first place
<

Thanks

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay
The software part can be installed later on. Get it JTAG'd first. Do ask him for a copy of your original NAND. It would be required for updating to newer dashboards.

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
so can these softwares be installed by myself at home through usb/hdd without opening the box after jtag'ing or to install these I need to open the box (which I cant and thus will have to get it done from outside)?

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Yes you can install it via usb stick.Get hold off

Xex Menu - Running Homebrew

XM 360 - Unlocking DLC and XBLA

Disk Swapper - Muti Disc plugin

themasterguy

Disciple
Jan 4, 2012
ok. Now I think I just need time to get it jtag'd.........all prelim queries and doubts have been cleared by you guys. Thanks

More suggestions are always welcome