Audio Want to extend ATP 3 cables to keep at distance

TheBroker

Skilled
Hi guys,
I have an ATP3. I want to extend the cables to keep the satellites at a distance on the wall and keep the woofer on the floor. Is it possible to do so? What would it cost approximately? The ATP3 speaker cables are slightly different from the regular 3.5mm, that's why my doubt arises

the connector for one of the speakers is the regular 3.5mm. the other one looks like a mini DIN connector - that might be hard to source. If you're feeling adventurous , i suppose you could cut and connect wires in between.

Do you want to keep the satellites far away from the sub ( isnt 2 m enough?) or the whole thing far away from the system and on a wall ?

Get a RCA video cable (2 male and 2 female RCA connectors on either end) and rip it apart. Join the individual strands abnd you have a new extention cable for the left speaker. Keep the sub+right speaker to one side as the sup possition doesnt matter. Ive done this myself and it works great.

Hw do u intend to keep it on the wall?? U'll need some stands to do it;

Make sure u dont keep it raised above the level, where u'd be seated since vocals'd be unheard and would sound feeble;

U can easily extend the left speaker cable if I'm guessing it right that the connector is a normal RCA connector;

Since the right speaker uses the DIN type of connector, I'm unsure whether u might be able to find a suitable extender for that; Try with an S-video type of extender; perhaps u may be able to extend it as well; :)

Kumar said:
but regular cables must be paired to the connectors which might be a hassle to do if one doesn't know how to do it.

the ATP3's dont use RCA connectors anywhere, then why :huh:
EDIT:Based on the OP, I thought they used a 3.5 mm connector. My bad :ashamed:

The left most connector is the left speaker RCA connector.
clipimage014su6.jpg

Back