Budget 20-25K Want to buy Android Phone - Can wait for 1 month too

ItsMeJebus

Disciple
Hi, I am currently using google nexus which I purchased in 2011 and is broken so time has come for me to buy a new one. I loved nexus and want something in similar size

1. Budget?
A: 20-25k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: I am fine with anything
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: NO
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: nothing in particular, 5MP is a must though
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G/Wifi/edge all 3 are must
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails, and internet, mostly for business work
10. Any other requirements?
A: microsd is not required
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nexus 4

Any suggestions ? I saw people suggesting LG nexus 4, is this the current best option for me ? I can wait for 1 month too in case any new launch is happening

Last edited:
Yes, you already have a solution to your conundrum, the N4 is the Best VFM device you can go for right now, it checks all boxes. Also, if you would like to consider chinese/Indian rebrands, then the MMX Canvas 4 or XOLO Play, but trust me,the Nexus 4 has them all beaten ( Plus they are like really cheap devices, far below your budget).

Alternatives, if you want to save some money, include the Xperia SP ( really decent, I own one) and the Huawei Ascend Mate ( if you are looking for a larger phablet)

The Nexus 5 should be out by the end of this month. Wait till it releases and see if you can get one for around 25k. Otherwise go for the Nexus 4. There was an amazing deal on flipkart recently where my friend exchanged his old Nokia E5 for a Galaxy S3. He had to pay around 19.5k but with the Standard Chartered 15% cash back offer, he will ultimately end up paying only around 16k odd...

Xperia SP has 8GB but it has expandable memory. This memory cannot be used to transfer apps over. All you can do is store data on the microsd card. So basically no device with 8GB is suitable for you.

In that case n4 is the only one that will fit in your budget. Problem with n4 is the rather avg battery life. You can extend that by 10-30% with mods etc but that's about it.

lg optimus g had dropped to 27k but its since climbed. Was going to recommend the xperia ZL, but that price has climbed to 30k too.

if you have a std chart card you'll get 15% cash back on any purchase over 10k at flipkart but thats only valid for one more day. Otherwise there is second hand.

Last edited:
Back